Richmond Park Time Trials 2011 (the official ones!)

bexslack
bexslack Posts: 81
edited August 2011 in Amateur race
The Richmond Park Time Trials return this summer on the following Sundays - 26th June, 24th July and 8th August.

All the details you need to know can be found here:-
http://www.londondynamo.co.uk/downloads ... 202011.pdf

We've got limited availabilty for the first one (over 100 entries to date and capacity of 120). Please PM me if you are interested in entering that one ASAP.

Anyone over 12 years old can enter these events - no licence or club affiliation is required and there is a separate road bike category for both the men and the women so you don't need a TT bike either!

Comments

• dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    hmmm, considering entering the August one as a first time TT, on a roadbike...
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Just got back - impeccably organised as always, not helped by me turning up late, but they managed to fit me in - thanks guys. Dcurzon - perfect for a first TT - if they've got spaces - DO IT!

I think Matt Hammond of this parish went welll?

Went for a Surrey Hill potter afterwards - lovely day for a ride!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I was bettered by jibberjim, eyepea, and I think possibly tarmacexpert? Did my usual thing of arriving late, 6:40 start is not good when you have a 15 mile ride to the start line! Was glad to see that my time was adjusted down from 28 minutes to 27 minutes, would have been a bit depressed at the former especially with the Marmotte next Saturday!
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    BigMat wrote:
    I was bettered by jibberjim, eyepea, and I think possibly tarmacexpert? Did my usual thing of arriving late, 6:40 start is not good when you have a 15 mile ride to the start line! Was glad to see that my time was adjusted down from 28 minutes to 27 minutes, would have been a bit depressed at the former especially with the Marmotte next Saturday!

Yep TarmacExpert was 3rd, with a big improvement. I was 5th, very pleased with how I went, almost at the same watts as last year (although 30 watts down on my best watts for 23 minutes this year), which given that I've been off the bike for 3 weeks and am adjusting to life with the new baby was good. Feared I'd've been in worse shape as I generally respond well to high volume. May well see if I can come back for a later one, although that may need baby sitting negotiation!

And yes organised well as always. Thanks Bexslack!
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Ah - Matt's was the only name I picked up (as your other respective names are not linked to your forum names!)

3rd in 24.51 is v fast, esp road biking it - I thought there was a little wind too to make it not completely "ideal" conditions?

I was 27th - 28.15 - turned up 5 min late for my start of time and hung around to "slot in" where I could (thanks to the guys for doing so!) - again, not ideal, but knocked 30sec+ off of last year's best time.

I do also like the fact that the 2 riders done for cutting roundabouts were both Dynamos too! :evil:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I had a disaster. Blame the longer ride on Sat and the really early start. Slower than 2 years ago, which was a surprise with the training I've done for the Marmotte next week!!

31st sounds better than 5th last?

Entered in the other 2. Must break 30mins.
    exercise.png
  • bexslack
    bexslack Posts: 81
    The next event is on Sunday 24th July and we have 103 entries and 17 free spots.

Let me know if you'd like to enter and I'll reserve you a spot pending the arrival of your entry form!

R
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    so start list is out now, not sure if i should be excited but i am. and nervous!

Im sure BigMat will be breezing past me as well even with my 4minute head start...
  • Mr Will
    Mr Will Posts: 216
    Just been for a quick recce of the course pending my first ever time trial this Sunday. Starting to get a little nervous that everyone will be waiting for me to finish, especially as there are only 3 people starting later than me!
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9 Tiagra
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    They've removed the cobbles on the Richmond Gate corner, so that's worth a couple of seconds at least to you all (says the guy who'll be marshalling and thus not breaking a sweat!)