Evening all

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited June 2011 in The Crudcatcher
well what are you lot up to?

I'm planning on enjoying some super spicy smoked chili sausages with some English wine that's actually drinkable.

This is needed to recover from a truly epic day in the spong household that's included a 2 hour walk with the hound, 2 hours on the bike, Aldeburgh, Sizewell cafe for monumental bacon and then Orford for the castle and meat supplies.

No arguements and the kids are in bed. Result!
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Weather is up and down more than a whore's knickers, staying in.

Plus am a little hungover still hehe.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Just off to work for a night. Adios!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'm revising. It sucks massively. Not had a proper night out for 3 weeks now, won't be having one for another 3 weeks. Might get a cheeky couple of pints on Thursday for a mates birthday, then a few the Thursday after to mark the end of the first round of exams, but then it's back to work for the next weeks exams. Which brings me round to what I'm really doing.

I'm really sitting in my room procrastinating, wishing I could go out into London later but I can't afford to have a hangover tomorrow, neither can I afford alcohol anyway after a few monster weekends last month.
  • supersonic
    I didn't want a hangover either today, but my uncle is retiring from the pub he owns, so went there. And then to some more afterwards, and ended up on Veltins lager. When I am drunk I always think it is a good idea to walk home!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    supersonic wrote:
    When I am drunk I always think it is a good idea to walk home!

I get that too, I seem to walk back from Leicester Square constantly, I even walked back from Victoria once for some reason. Only took me 3 hours because I got lost...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,901
    Walking is the only way to get home :)

Wife just nipped out to get some BBQ stuff as we have a brief respite from the rain, got a feeling a few beers may be sunk too
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    somewhat hungry to the point I have a headache but too tired to cook. once i've enough strength I shall go and cook some salmon and rice.

then get stuff ready for bike ride tomorrow.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i just made and ate a biriani type curry with an omelette on top, it was superb.

rest of the evening shall be spent searching the webs for bike related bargains i dont need but fancy having.

im very much enjoying a weekend without beer or going out
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Whilst reading this Thread I was enjoying two monster cheese & egg burgers, the burgers were awesome large 100% Aberdeen Angus beef, sourced from a butcher.

Then... my love/hate relationship with fried eggs kicked in and scampered off to the bathroom and proceeded to purge my hard earned supper.
    Damn, I am well peeved, but when it comes to fried eggs (and fried eggs only) most times I can eat them, other times I just cannot eat them. Been a long time since it's happened, but what can I do?

Tonight I'll probably be feasting on an extra large bar of Cadbury (or should I say "Kraft"?) fruit & nut chocolate to make up for my supper being donated to the folks at Armitage Shanks.

I bought a DVD to watch, so I'll be enjoying the company of Milo my cat and the television, but an early night is required as I want to ride tomorrow, irrespective of the weather
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Evening all!

I've had a nice hike over the local hill to see whether there's a decent ride I can make. Sadly its all footpath, but I'm going to try it anyway as there's loads of room and its a decent ride.

Think I might pop to the shop for a Magnum ice cream :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    ice cream eh?! i really want an ice cream now. but i cant be arsed to go and get one.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Dropped missus of in town to watch a 3d film on cave paintings :?

Came home and watched 'Unstoppable' with the kids.Strange ending.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    edited June 2011
    Raymondavalon said
    I bought a DVD to watch, so I'll be enjoying the company of Milo my cat
    belly-lick.jpg

Oh Yeah?[/img]
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Evening Freaks!

Mrs C's gone to BBQ at her sister's. As I can't stand her (the sister, not Mrs C), I'm not going. I was going out on the XTC, but No2 son has locked himself out of his house, so I'm waiting for him to get here as we have a spare key.

In the meantime, I'm watching the Le Mans 24 hr race. An Audi has just binned it into the barriers so the safety car's out. This is the 2nd time for the safety car after an Audi's binned it although I must say the first crash was much more spectacular.

16 hours still to go...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,901
    Le mans is not happy hunting ground for the audis this year
  • supersonic
    Full Metal Jacket on ITV 4, top film.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Off to bed in a sec.

Tomorrow I will be heading over to ride a newly built trail. They were supposed to be running an XC race there tomorrow, but it was cancelled after the risk assessors deemed it to be too challenging. I want to see what they mean by too challenging. Ambulance on standby. :lol:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,705
    Just got back from the pub, now I'm going to watch the F1 qualifying.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    In the meantime, I'm watching the Le Mans 24 hr race. An Audi has just binned it into the barriers so the safety car's out. This is the 2nd time for the safety car after an Audi's binned it although I must say the first crash was much more spectacular.

16 hours still to go...

Alan McNish's spectacular LeMans incident
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    ice cream eh?! i really want an ice cream now. but i cant be arsed to go and get one.
    I got one. It was goooooood.
    It didn't survive the walk home again though, I munched it much faster than I thought I would (either that or the shop is further than I thought it was)

El Cap Your son isn't called Alan by any chance is he? My friend Alan managed to do the same things last night...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro