X9 Limit screw bushing

Mickey Eye
Mickey Eye Posts: 590
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, The H limit screw on my 2008 X9 rear derailleur popped out. I still have it but on trying to reinsert it I discovered that the plastic bushing had split and no longer held the thread. Does anybody know where I can order a replacement one?

I'd also appreciate reliable bodge fixes for the short term. I'm assuming I can just put a nut on the underside to do the job of the bushing (even if it would be a pain to adjust). Anybody done anything like this?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TBH dont think they are a service part. Pop into your LBS and see if they have a trashed one you could attack.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    I'll pop in on Tuesday and see if they can't help me, I dug through the current parts catalogue and it looks like you might be right, they specify a screw bolt kit but it doesn't say that it has the bushings or not.
  • jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 200
    You could try wrapping the thread in PTFE tape, would make the thread slightly larger if the bushing will hold. Its a cheap bodge you can try.