Fox Triad Rear Shock lever stuck oil leakage

shaunlfc1
shaunlfc1 Posts: 132
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

Spent a day at Bedgebury yesterday with the missus, and planned to go up to the Surrey Hills today. The bike performed superbly yesterday.

Went to load the the van up this morning for another great days riding and just as I went to move my bike I noticed the water bottle was wet and on closer inspection noticed the rear shock was wet as well.

I cycled the suspension and it seemed fine, smooth and without noise, but went to move the pro-pedal/lockout blue lever and it was jammed solid even with quite a bit of force it didnt even feel like it was up for moving even half a millimeter. Also the red rebound dial was locked solid. The lever is permanently in pro-pedal position.

The rear shock was recently serviced by Mojo back in March with a clean bill of health.

I went on Mojo's website and they have a 3 week turnaround and I need the bike for Mountain Mayhem next weekend.

I've taken the rear shock apart lots of grean oil in the can, all the seals seemed clean and fine. I took the blue and red lever/dial out cleaned it all up, and the red dial now turns but the blue lever although moves between say 10 and 2 (on a clock face) feels all loose and actually doesnt feel like its actually moving anything. Hopefully I've put it back properly.

Anyone else had this problem and any ideas of what to do. I might have to borrow a bike for Mayhem and just send it off to Mojo and wait for its return.

Cheers for your help,

Shaun