Am I being daft?

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
I've set my heart on the Orbea Aqua 105T but I've a nagging in the back of my head that is saying

"GO FULL CARBON"

and I can for the same price (£1060).

But I really like the Orbea and this nagging won't let go.

HEEEELLLPPP. :D

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Have you actually looked at or ridden anything else? Last year, I really wanted an Orbea (actually it was the Orca I wanted!!) and I kind of said that the Onix would be fine, as that was the one in my price range, plus i'd had a bike fit for an Onix. But I really didn't like the shape of the head tube. I almost bought the Orbea but had a nagging feeling it was the wrong bike. I broadened my search and realised that there were other bikes that ticked all the boxes for me. What groupset will you get on the carbon bike?
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    Ands wrote:
    Have you actually looked at or ridden anything else? Last year, I really wanted an Orbea (actually it was the Orca I wanted!!) and I kind of said that the Onix would be fine, as that was the one in my price range, plus i'd had a bike fit for an Onix. But I really didn't like the shape of the head tube. I almost bought the Orbea but had a nagging feeling it was the wrong bike. I broadened my search and realised that there were other bikes that ticked all the boxes for me. What groupset will you get on the carbon bike?

I'd still get a 105 groupset on a carbon bike - Focus Cayo 105 immediately springs to mind.

I've looked at a few bikes (Bianchi, Focus, BeOne) but not ridden them, whereas when I sat my backside on the Orbea it felt right. However, I am still being pulled by the Bianchi VIA Nirone 7 (yes, it's Alu and Carbon) as I really love the look the Bianchi and it's got Campag (albeit the Xenon).

Oh god, this is getting difficult. :oops:
  • chrishd883
    chrishd883 Posts: 159
    It's your money so look around to make sure it's the best choice for you.
    But don't assume that carbon automatically equals better
    There are great carbon frames and there are "average" carbon frames.
    Just as with every other frame material

But if you've found a bike that excites you - buy it

Saw a picture of a new bike build on this forum recently - Alu & Bamboo !!
    Not to my "taste" - but the owner was very happy.
    And that is what counts