Help with Specialized Stout Rear 10mm Bolt-up Hub

Benzo4
Benzo4 Posts: 12
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I've acquired a pair of wheels which have come off a Specialized (I think) Enduro which are a few years old.

They comprise of Mavic XM325 Rims on Specialized (Stout i think) Hubs, front 20mm Through and rear 10mm Bolt Up (hollow axle with 2 10mm bolts in each side to hold onto frame)

My problem is, the drive side bolt which comes with the rear hub is too long (the Enduro frame is obviously different to my setup).

I need to get hold of a 10mm bolt which will fit this hub and secure it to my frame, I have tried the 'Hope Pro 2' Bolts from chain reaction and their thread pitch is too wide.

Does anyone know where i can get this bolt from / a similar one which will also fit?

Or does anyone have a spare non drive side bolt off a Specialized Stout hub laying around which would do the job..?

I'm pretty stuck here, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    do you mean bolt or nut?

take the bolts to a bolt shop.

but before you do make sure the rim is central in your frame.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Benzo4
    Benzo4 Posts: 12
    Hello, It is a bolt which I am after.

The Rim is central in the frame when i push the untightened bolts into the dropouts securely.

Do you have any ideas of where to look for a 'bolt shop'? :shock:

Thanks

Ben
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    B&Q Halfords etc etc
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown