Dubious policing

bigmat
bigmat Posts: 5,134
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
After their impressive work the other day stopping motoriste for enteringthe ASL box, the police have gone back down in my estimation after I saw a police car go through a red light this morning. And the pressing reason for this? To stop a cyclist who had also gone through the red light. Now I'm not saying the cyclist shouldn't have been stopped, but I thought the police running red lights was reserved for emergencies?

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Did they have their blues and twos on?

Legally they treat Red lights as a Give Way when on the blues and twos
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I personally dont think its that dubious...

the police were going about their duties....and presumably negotiated the red ilght safely....in order to catch someone who had broken the rules of the road?
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    cee wrote:
    I personally dont think its that dubious...

the police were going about their duties....and presumably negotiated the red ilght safely....in order to catch someone who had broken the rules of the road?

+1, dubious if they couldn't be bothered to wait at the red but surely essential to speak to the lawbreaker.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Next you'll be saying they should be out catching murderers and rapists instead of cyclists! :P