Real Peloton Richmond Ride

curium
curium Posts: 815
Just listened to RP 43 and heard that they are having a ride out the morning of the London Tour Series - 16th June.

9.30am from Roehampton Gate. Ned, Matt and Dean Downing. Apparently Magnus Backstedt and Chris Boardman may also be in attendance.

Anyone here going? I'd like to but I live in SE London so doubtful I could get over there for that time on a weekday morning. I'll pop along to Canary Wharf in the evening though

Comments

• keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    34 minutes in if anyone wants to skip straight to it. Can we convince them to have an impromptu time trial and a shot at Millar's record? ;)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • curium
    RE: Your Location

Do you cycle between Richmond & Canary Wharf? If so, what is your route?

If I do go I'll likely have to cycle there.
  • keyser__soze
    curium, yeah, that's my daily commute. It's pretty straightforward: Upper Richmond Road, Queens Ride, Lower Richmond Road, Putney Bridge, New Kings Road, Cheyne Walk, Embankment via Parliament Sq all the way to Tower Hill then either CS3 on Cable Street or the Highway to Narrow Street and then Canary Wharf. There are slightly shorter routes but I've found this by far the fastest and best to cycle.

If you're going to the ride from East London, do the reverse but turn up Priory Lane from the Upper Richmond Road just after Queen's Lane and get to the park at Roehampton Gate.
  • curium
    Cheers for that. I'll stick it in my Garmin.

How long does it take you?
  • keyser__soze
    Going a bit off-topic here but back to the middle of Richmond the total time is anywhere between 45 mins and an hour depending on traffic/lights/wind. To Roehampton Gate in the park is about six or seven minutes quicker.