I'm disapointed with myself.

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited June 2011 in Commuting general
I didnt cycle to work this morning, and i am gutted!

Today was the first time since i started commuting to work that i didnt ride (i'll be honest i only started last week), but i must admit that i am feeling very tired today - but the trip on PT has made me depressed and feeling a bit dirty! :cry:

As a punishment i will just have to go out on the bike when i get home. :D

Was i right to listen to my body ( i have cycled over 125ks this week which is a lot for me)? or was it a case of MTFU and get on with it?
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Nah, you need to let your body recover. You don't want to be pooped for the weekend!

But, public transport? Dude?! I'd never ride the Loser-Cruiser. ;)
  • supertwisted
    supertwisted Posts: 565
    Rest days make you stronger, if you feel like you need a break then take one.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    You've let us down.
    You've let your workmates down.
    But worst of all, you've let yourself down.
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    rubertoe wrote:
    I didnt cycle to work this morning, and i am gutted!

Today was the first time since i started commuting to work that i didnt ride (i'll be honest i only started last week), but i must admit that i am feeling very tired today - but the trip on PT has made me depressed and feeling a bit dirty! :cry:

As a punishment i will just have to go out on the bike when i get home. :D

Was i right to listen to my body ( i have cycled over 125ks this week which is a lot for me)? or was it a case of MTFU and get on with it?

How is that a punishment?
  • aripallaris
    aripallaris Posts: 294
    dont be. rule number one with exercise. rest days are more important than training itself. its when the body has a chance to repair itself and grow stronger. thats not to say you should just rest though as tempting as it is! :D
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Listen to your body , if it is telling you that you have done to much then take a break rather than just making it worse.

I did a hard ride on Sunday and i have been aching ever since , the daily commute did not let me recover so i went inthe car thursday and took a weeks worth of clothes in .My legs feel great now and i am up for the Sunday club run which i know i would have wimped out on otherwise.
    FCN 3/5/9