I made it

thegiantbiker
thegiantbiker Posts: 212
edited June 2011 in MTB general
Today I managed to make it up some rock steps that have been doing my head in for months. So do any of you have good stories/photos/videos of accomplishment/failure to share?
Big guy; small air!

Comments

• bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I was practising a DH track a few months back.
    I missed a jump.
    I broke my wrist.
    I'm pretty good at GRID now because of this.
    All's well that ends well.

~fin
  • Nice one. What I failed to mention above was that on my way back from the trail, I tried to dodge some overgrown stinging nettles on a narrow path, caught my bars on a chain-link fence and rolled over the bard straight into the huge bed of nettles I was trying to avoid.

That was around 2pm yesterday. My legs and left arm are still stinging slightly.
    Big guy; small air!
  • I jumped a little bridge once and as i landed my bike drifted a little sideways on the gravel track, hit a branch sticking out the hedge and went over the bars landing on my shoulder so hard i heard it crunch as my shoulder muscle torn . . . tore . . . (sorry fox_c but which word should i use?). Just got back on the bike and carried on the descent down the hill. didnt feel the pain till a while later.

Good times.
    If in doubt - flat out!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Tore was correct, well done specializedsteve ;)

I was having an epic day last August on the Marin trail, finally found some balls from somewhere and was actually keeping up....right up to the point I went over the handlebars and chinplanted on a rock. Nice little scar to prove it.. Dudes dig scars, right?!

Haven't ridden since due to weather/time/injury
    :shock:
  • scars rule! I may be morbid but i dig the photos sent in2 mags!
    If in doubt - flat out!