Avid elixir r probs

bwstokie
bwstokie Posts: 115
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I've had an accident and don't know how to fix my problem.

Basically I had a front puncture which I repaired, put the front wheel back on and put the bike back in the bike tent. Fast forward to the next day and when I went to get the bike out the front tyre was flat again. I took the wheel and tyre off again and it appears that it's too warm in the tent an the patch glue keeps unsetting and letting air out. My solution was to keep the front wheel off in the house and put the wheel back on when I need to ride it. I must of inadvertently knocked the break lever and the pads have gone together and won't budge.

I know this is a numpties trick but was just wondering of anyone knew what I should do to sort?

Many thanks in advance.

Lee

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    insert something clean, like a knife, and separate the pads. and fit the pad spacer when the wheels are not fitted.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bwstokie
    bwstokie Posts: 115
    Brill, thanks all sorted!

I did think something like that would do it but I'm scared of breaking things if I don't know what I'm doing :-)
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    The levers on Elixir's also flick out past their normal resting position into maintainence position, there's a definite click as you push them away from the bars.

This stops you knocking the levers towards the bars while the wheel is out
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    Steve_b77 wrote:
    The levers on Elixir's also flick out past their normal resting position into maintainence position, there's a definite click as you push them away from the bars.

This stops you knocking the levers towards the bars while the wheel is out

my juicy 5's have the same function
  • mattyg2004
    mattyg2004 Posts: 196
    Oh thats what thats for.

Must read my manual.

If I can find it