DSCF2205.jpg
DSCF2204.jpg

HOPE YOU LIKE

THANK YOU

Comments

• chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    I muchly like! :D
    Although a bit OTT on the XTR gear, if the money's there though... ;)
    Looks great.
  • Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    Lovely looking bike, got a lot of length in the steerer though. What size lizard skin is that you've got, need to pick one up for myself and that looks the right size, some places suggest one, others another.
  • lillywhite79
    lillywhite79 Posts: 108
    Thats bloody Gorgeous mate i like it a lot!

Can I ask you what Marin frame that is I cant make it the lettering on it, really like the colour (and all the xtr bling) :D

Sweet
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Frame too small?
  • SCO77YBOY
    SCO77YBOY Posts: 28
    The frames the right size , i,ve always had a 40mm stack but i was thinking of dropping it to 30mm.

thank you
  • I love orange. That is a real looker in my eyes.

Whats with the one red spoke on the Mavic rims? Not seen that before.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    A fine looking hard tail, great spec too!

How you finding the Rock Shox seat post?
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • SCO77YBOY
    Hi There

Don't no what the score is with the red spoke .that,s how i bought them..as far as i know all the crossmax slr rims have them
  • SCO77YBOY
    The rock shox seat post is awsome ,i was sick of catchin the seat (i wear baggys)

would recomend this post to anyone
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Awesome machine, I very much like that :D
  • CitizenLee
    SCO77YBOY wrote:
    The rock shox seat post is awsome ,i was sick of catchin the seat (i wear baggys)

would recomend this post to anyone

Haha, baggys 4 life! :P

Do you think it could take the abuse that a FR / DH bike has to endure? I'm very tempted by a drop post but worry that I'll just ruin it.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Anonymous
    edited June 2011
    CitizenLee, I run a joplin on my wolf ridge, which is used for all sorts of things, but when I intend to take the bike out for some properly mental stuff, I take it off, and put an old seatpost in.
    I'm not sure how likely the joplin is of being damaged, but I don't want the expense of finding out!

It's usefulness on a Freeride rig would depend on whether or not you actually pedal it to go somewhere.
    If I was doing an uplift day, or going to the alps on a DH holiday, for example, then I don't think I'd bother with the joplin. but when I need to ride 2,000 feet up to the top of the quarries before blasting down, it comes in handy!
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee, I run a joplin on my wolf ridge, which is used for all sorts of things, but when I intend to take the bike out for some properly mental stuff, I take it off, and put an old seatpost in.
    I'm not sure how likely the joplin is of being damaged, but I don't want the expense of finding out!

It's usefulness on a Freeride rig would depend on whether or not you actually pedal it to go somewhere.
    If I was doing an uplift day, or going to the alps on a DH holiday, for example, then I don't think I'd bother with the joplin. but when I need to ride 2,000 feet up to the top of the quarries before blasting down, it comes in handy!

No uplift services near me I'm afraid... gotta earn my turns and pedal or push up. So in that sense it would be great to pop it up for climbs and then slam it for decents.... but on the flip side I tend to ride my bike without much regard for it's well being so would need something solid that can take abuse. As you say, it would be an expensive experiment to find out how much they can actually take.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • Anonymous
    Erm, jsut to explain a bit - my "normal" seatpost is one that got bent, so I cut it down to make a stub for Dh riding. I can't use it normally, since it's now too short, so having it up to ride somewhere, then lowering it to hammer down isn't an option :lol:
  • Anonymous
    CitizenLee wrote:
    No uplift services near me I'm afraid... gotta earn my turns and pedal or push up. So in that sense it would be great to pop it up for climbs and then slam it for decents.... but on the flip side I tend to ride my bike without much regard for it's well being so would need something solid that can take abuse. As you say, it would be an expensive experiment to find out how much they can actually take.

Another thing to bear in mind, is that if you're just setting your saddle down for descending, then up to get back to the top, then a joplin or Reverb may not be as useful for you.
    Mine gets used when trail riding, so if I hit a piece of sweet technical singletrack unexpectedly, rather than get off, or wish I'd left the saddle down, i just drop it on the fly.
    If you're specifically riding DH, then chances are you know before hand that dropping the saddle is a good idea.
  • CitizenLee
    Haha, I understood you mate ;)

I ride up, down and all in between + I have to ride to the woods in the 1st place, so there would definitely be a use for having something I can change on the fly.

We should probably take this to a different thread to save hijacking this one...
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, good point. I claim diplomatic immunity though, since the thread is called "my Marin", and i'm talking about "my Marin" :lol:
    (although mine is nowhere near as nice!)