High Peak Road Race – Sunday 3rd July

Pinarello Marc
Pinarello Marc Posts: 29
edited June 2011 in Amateur race
High Peak Road Race – Sunday 3rd July

high_peak_rr.jpg

All TLI categories. Massed start in 3 groups based on ability.

Event Details:
Discipline: Road
Distance: 41.8 miles
Date: 03.07.2010
Cheques Payable To: J S Collins
Entries on the day: Yes

Course Map:
4looqp.jpg

Entry Fees:
£8 for TLI members / £16 non members.
Entries on line £16. Day Licences £5.00.

Promoted By:
Sheffrec CC, Whirlow Wheelers and Sharrow CC.

Main Street
Chelmorton
Taddington
Derbyshire
SK17 9SH

Entries to Race Organiser:

John S Collins
36 St Alban’s Road
Sheffield
S10 4DP

Tel 0114 230 3346

email: jscoll@mypostoffice.co.uk

Use a standard TLI Entry Form. Download here:

http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/entry_forms/tli_entry_form.pdf

This is a great event and a chance to race on a new circuit within the beautiful Peak District on quiet roads. Refreshments at the HQ afterwards.

Prizes on the day, supported by BikeBoxAlan and the promoting clubs.

Video of last year’s race produced by Great Longstone Local History Group see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1CfpKfwlRA

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I can confirm that this is a GREAT race :wink:

Nice challenging circuit and cos its TLI everyone has a chance.
    More problems but still living....
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Entry in the post this morning.. now trying to interpret the handbook description of it being on an undulating course...............
  • Thanks for you entry!

It is pretty undulating. Have a look at last years video:

Gives you an idea of the circuit. Very quiet roads, passing through Monyash where lots of spectators watch the race.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I did this race last year and it's a good one. A few challenging hills to keep you honest. Definitely tougher than your normal flat road circuit and can highly recommend it.

I'd come again this year, but I'll be out for a ride with Greg LeMond that day instead. :oops:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Would love to ride this again, not often we get to race in the Peak District. Great weather last year, good challenging lumpy circuit and well organised - free tea and cakes afterwards I seem to remember. :)

(Un)fortunatley will be travelling back from Scarborough on the Sunday after a full day of drinking on the Saturday :)
  • Pokerface wrote:
    I did this race last year and it's a good one. A few challenging hills to keep you honest. Definitely tougher than your normal flat road circuit and can highly recommend it.

I'd come again this year, but I'll be out for a ride with Greg LeMond that day instead. :oops:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)

Make sure he's taken some Immodium before you go out with him
  • jgsi
    Thanks for you entry!

It is pretty undulating. Have a look at last years video:

Gives you an idea of the circuit. Very quiet roads, passing through Monyash where lots of spectators watch the race.

Looking forward to it..... I think :wink:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)

Why?
  • sheffsimon
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)

Why?

Suffered a severe bout of Diarrhoea during a stage 1989 TDF. Ate a dodgy peach apparently, borrowed a team mates hat, filled it and let the rest run down his legs. Carried on and finished the stage.

Acceptable if yellow jersey is a stake. Probably just abandon if its High Peak RR at Chelmorton.

I think we have gone off-topic from Marc's original post. :)
  • Pokerface
    SheffSimon wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)

Why?

Suffered a severe bout of Diarrhoea during a stage 1989 TDF. Ate a dodgy peach apparently, borrowed a team mates hat, filled it and let the rest run down his legs. Carried on and finished the stage.

Acceptable if yellow jersey is a stake. Probably just abandon if its High Peak RR at Chelmorton.

I'll just bring a spare hat. :)
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    Pokerface wrote:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)

Colin living "la bella vita" once again! Jealous, green with envy and hoping it's a top day for you 8)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)

Colin living "la bella vita" once again! Jealous, green with envy and hoping it's a top day for you 8)

Come over to Ireland and you can meet and ride with the man yourself! However - he IS putting on a special seminar just for my squad. :)
  • SheffSimon wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

(yes - THAT Greg LeMond)

Why?

Correct. 10 out of 10. LeMond a true legend of the road - not only that the diarrhoea cleared up a nasty saddle boil he had.
  • lucca
    lucca Posts: 51
    Can this be raced if you dont have a licence and are just a club rider ?
  • sheffsimon
    lucca wrote:

You can buy a TLI day licence (£5) and enter on the day (£16) = £21 all up. You will need a helmet.

The racing is handicapped, meaning that the less experienced riders set off first, then an intermediate group about 5-6 minutes later, then the fast group another 5-6 minutes after that. First over the line after the 42 miles is the winner regardless of which group you set off in.

Was won last year by a ringer from the front group I think :)
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    SheffSimon wrote:
    lucca wrote:

You can buy a TLI day licence (£5) and enter on the day (£16) = £21 all up. You will need a helmet.

Can the TLI licence be bought on the day at the event mate? Or do you need sort it through their website?
  • sheffsimon
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:
    lucca wrote:

Can the TLI licence be bought on the day at the event mate? Or do you need sort it through their website?

Dont know for definite, but I would be very surprised if it can't just be bought on the day.

Ring/email organiser??
  • I'd contact the organsier and confirm that you will be riding as a day member.

Email here:

jscoll@mypostoffice.co.uk

Some info here:

http://tlicycling.org.uk/DayMembership.aspx

Although the cost looks to be £4.00 on the TLI website. This may have changed.

• Flash 72
    Flash 72 Posts: 76
    Might be a bit of long shot but Is anyone able to offer a lift from around roughly the north Manchester area I would obv be willing to pay my way with fuel cheers Jordan
    If I only scrape a livin, at least it's living worth sraping for
  • jgsi
    Are you Manchester Wheelers?
    maybe worth posting on their forum... I notice a cpl of riders on start list.
  • Flash 72
    Flash 72 Posts: 76
    No iam with bury clarion i don't actually live in mcr i just thought it would be easier to write mcr as everyone knows were it is well more than bury anyway
    If I only scrape a livin, at least it's living worth sraping for