Replacement for my stolen Condor Acciaio

mrfog
mrfog Posts: 7
edited June 2011 in Commuting general
My beautiful and much loved 2007 condor acciaio was nicked.

It was quite over-specced, with an ultegra groupset and fulcrum racing 3 wheelset.

The insurance company have offered me money to cover the purchase of a new one of the same spec, which is actually now more money than I originally spent on it!

Thing is I am now out training less, have a baby due in a couple of months, and really just need a good commuting road bike.

Of course I could just go back to Condor, but wondered if anyone has other recommendations?

Many thanks.

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Unlucky mate!

Make sure you list your bike in the "stolen" section.

If my insurance company was willing to pay like-for-like then I would be ordering the same thing (if I liked it). If you want something a little more practical for commuting across similar lines then why not a Condor Fratello? You can treat yourself to Campagnolo too!
  • mrfog
    Thank you for the pointer to the stolen section - I have now posted there - and for your ideas.

Fratello is definitely under consideration - for the more practical considerations of being able to add panniers etc.

When I was ordering the acciaio I tried to go for Campy, but the Condor guy put me off - I have a carbon road bike with shimano and he pointed out that I could chop and change chain/wheels/cables/brake blocks between the bikes, whereas having to deal with both campy and shimano would make it a pain in the proverbial.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    mrfog wrote:
    When I was ordering the acciaio I tried to go for Campy, but the Condor guy put me off - I have a carbon road bike with shimano and he pointed out that I could chop and change chain/wheels/cables/brake blocks between the bikes, whereas having to deal with both campy and shimano would make it a pain in the proverbial.

Sounds like he was talking sense, but how many times did you ever swap such parts? It's all horses for courses anyway. Nothing wrong with quality Shimano.
  • mrfog
    mrfog wrote:

Sounds like he was talking sense, but how many times did you ever swap such parts? It's all horses for courses anyway. Nothing wrong with quality Shimano.

TBH I did swap the wheels over occasionally. The rest - it meant I only needed to have one set of spares "in stock".