• JamesFree
    JamesFree Posts: 703
    That is seriously quick around there!
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Would have been quite funny if he got fined for speeding on the route :P
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Rumour has it he did it from cold, plus notice he said he hadn't been there before so no idea if he recced the course or not.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Rumour has it he did it from cold, plus notice he said he hadn't been there before so no idea if he recced the course or not.

But he just happened to have his team-issue TT bike to hand?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    It was his 'private' cycling club that organized the TT, he didn't just rock up to someone else's event. What do you expect him to do a TT on? A Brompton? As the interview states it was to help to promote the book.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Judgeing from a few post's on here recently, a lot of people seem to have a disliking for Millar. Why so? Bet theres a few regular richmond park riders on here that now hate the fella :lol:
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    If I could get my hands on that bike and that kit, I reckon I could beat that time with a bit of practice!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He cunningly disguised himself as a French onion seller, complete with beret, as soon as he completed the race to avoid being caught breaking the speed limit.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Just in time for his book release ;)

I find it very difficult not to like Millar.

Keen.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Hmmm, I have never done a lap of Richmond Park in 13:35. I have never worn a beret. Maybe, just maybe...
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    He would have been quicker if he hadn't stopped to wave at passing the cyclists. :)
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Crap. The video has been taken down after the police complained - started watching it at lunch and it stopped working - ain't gonna start working again it seems.