dragon photos

oldwelshman
oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
The timing chips may not have worked but the camera men must have had memory chips in camera as photos are up :D
Anyone else saw theirs yet? Post link so we can put names to faces and bikes :D
http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/viewpicture.tlx?pubgsearchid=1307669793&pictureid=15731946

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    well for all the moaning there are loads of smilers on there....or are they just photos of peeps travelling from the car park :)
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    @oldwelshman - your link doesn't seem to work for me, what was your number?

My number was 2071, I particularly like the first photo as I'm dropping my mate on a hill which is a very rare occasion.

I'm also in the 4th picture on the link below.

http://www.cyclosport.org/08-Jun-2011/news/wiggle-dragon-ride-review-from-our-super-sportiver.html

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    More Ajax here!

rider 1932

I normally look rubbish in pictures, but there seems to be a few nice ones, I like the bunch ones going up the Bwlch, and I like my descending ones on the Bwlch.

I've just got to find the photographer who was taking ones from inside the switchback on the descent of the Bwlch around 12.15 as I think they would have been awesome pictures, but looks like he was not an official one....
  • oldwelshman
    Dru I fixed the link,it must have changed.
    My number was 3900.
    I saw quite a few ajax guys at start about 8:45but none that I know.
    I think you have the descent of the bwlch on your hotos, the last ones I can see you going round the left hand hairpin.
    If you look at mine I was on wrong side of road as I was passing a car :D The road was completely clear though so it was safe. I saw the photographer taking the snap as I was rounding te bend.
  • benno68
    I can see Phil on your pics 6 & 7 oldwelshman, he's got the Cardiff 100 Milers jersey on, he rides with Cardiff Ajax a fair bit.

I was a bit gutted on descending the Bwlch the second time, I took the bend easier than I would have liked due to oncoming traffic, call it bottle trouble if you like :lol: One thing I do know is that I'm a lot better going down than up!

Giant Defy 105 2009
  • oldwelshman
    Benno68 wrote:
    I can see Phil on your pics 6 & 7 oldwelshman, he's got the Cardiff 100 Milers jersey on, he rides with Cardiff Ajax a fair bit.

I was a bit gutted on descending the Bwlch the second time, I took the bend easier than I would have liked due to oncoming traffic, call it bottle trouble if you like :lol: One thing I do know is that I'm a lot better going down than up!
    Ah yes I saw that photo lol I felt a bit guilty when I saw it :D
    I was climbing quite fast up the bwlch and siad hi as I passsed and give bit of encouragement then I saw photographer ahead and waved but I did notrelaise Philsfacialexpression looked so bad lol.
    I have been ona fw Ajax rdes last year and this year.
    I am down this week again ion the track friday and sunday training but will ridefrom cyclepedia on saturday.
    We probably met at some point :D I know Rowlesy and Bernard very well as we raced together years ago.
  • dru
    I think you have the descent of the bwlch on your hotos, the last ones I can see you going round the left hand hairpin.
    If you look at mine I was on wrong side of road as I was passing a car :D The road was completely clear though so it was safe. I saw the photographer taking the snap as I was rounding te bend.

The photos in the album are of the guy stood on the outside - I agree, but there was also a guy just before the hairpin (descending) that was stood on the inside of the corner... I'd love to track him down :)
  • dru
    Benno68 wrote:

Phil? We call him Peter.. :lol: Peter, and Brian, both from 100 milers come out with us most Sundays - but I always get their names mixed up :oops:
  • benno68
    Dru wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:

Phil? We call him Peter.. :lol: Peter, and Brian, both from 100 milers come out with us most Sundays - but I always get their names mixed up :oops:

Yes think we'd better call him Peter, both him and Brian are amazing cyclists.

Giant Defy 105 2009