Setting up a parents and kids cycling club - advice please

simianwatching
simianwatching Posts: 50
Hi

Me and a couple of like-minded people are thinking of setting up a cycling 'gang' for our kids (all under 10) and their parents.

The idea would be to meet once a fortnight and have a gentle pootle around the local lanes.

One of the potential organisers has raised the issue of responsibility. Obviously if we were a fully-fledged club then we would need liability insurance etc. Our feeling is to be more like a group of friends (and friends of friends) meeting for a ride a couple of times a month. We have certain requirements, such as a max of 2 kids per adult etc.

So, my question is really - does anyone have any specific advice or experience with this? Is there anything to be concerned about in doing this?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    If you are a group of like minded families who decide, ad hoc to go for a bike ride together and don't publicise yourselves as a club as you say you are fine. If you wanted to formalise it I'd go with your local CTC group get signed up as a helper then you can do it formally under club insurance.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed