Vote for Roland to be the Next Male Model

mr_poll
mr_poll Posts: 1,547
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
For those that haven't jumped on this internet bandwagon yet then please click on this link and vote for Roland.

http://www.next.co.uk/model-competition-2011/vote-for-me-idgek9j984

I could write some sanctimonious BS like the papers have about this being some comment about a rally against the fashion industry imposing their view of what ideals we should aiming for in looks and fashion.
To be honest it's just a bit of a laugh and it amuses me to think about some marketing exec currently sweating at Next HQ working out how to spin this one, as at present Wrestlemania loving, big drinking Roland is a run away winner. That and I am a bit of sheep for campaigns like this.

Comments

• bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Done! :D
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Agreed and done
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Done by me, will soon be done by everyone I can force to.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    And done
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Done
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Alinshearah
    Alinshearah Posts: 339
    Done
  • heathy_76
    heathy_76 Posts: 213
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think that voting for him only gets him through to the next round. After this, a panel of judges chooses the winner.

Voting for him will not make him the winner unfortunately.
  • getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    Done :twisted:

heathy said
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think that voting for him only gets him through to the next round. After this, a panel of judges chooses the winner.

Voting for him will not make him the winner unfortunately.

So much the better! It will say a great deal about Next/fashion industry if the popular vote winner (probably by a huge margin) is then rejected by the judges - an even more embarrassing PR problem - try spinning their way out of that.

My guess is an astute company will make sure he wins and turn it to PR advantage.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,182
    You are stopping me winning!