I am super human

BigG67
BigG67 Posts: 582
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
According to Garmin Connect I did a 4.86ml run tonight around 19:20 from near Krokfossvegen to Ullensaker north of Oslo in 14m 13sec....which is itself would be a decent achievement.

More so given I'd done a 6.7ml cycle commute home in Perthshire at 17:30 and was watching my lad train in Perth pool at 19:20!

Very strange..... :shock:

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    It must be some strange wormhole in space around Perth, my gps once told me that I travelled about a mile, at over 40mph, while waiting at the lights on the Scone road.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    gps works by timing how long the pulsed signal from a satellite beacon takes to get to the device you are using. satellites are synchronised, so the signal from one that is further away will be recieved slightly later than one that nearer. thus if you measure the time difference from 3 different satellites you can triangulate the position.
    the time difference is very,very very small due to the speed the beacon signal travels at. so any kind of interferance will much up the result in a big way. the accuracy is down to the speed and hence resolution of the reciever and timing equipment.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    rake wrote:
    gps works by timing how long the pulsed signal from a satellite beacon takes to get to the device you are using. satellites are synchronised, so the signal from one that is further away will be recieved slightly later than one that nearer. thus if you measure the time difference from 3 different satellites you can triangulate the position.
    the time difference is very,very very small due to the speed the beacon signal travels at. so any kind of interferance will much up the result in a big way. the accuracy is down to the speed and hence resolution of the reciever and timing equipment.

Also, it is 1970s technology and therefore out of date, which is why Europe are putting up their own using tech from the Noughties. That and the risk of the Yanks turning it off for some reason.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Solar flares...?(not the trousers)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... -Nasa.html
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    That's Perth for you

-Spider-
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    My HRM also played up quite badly the other day. While sitting having a stretch break before riding, it said my pulse was over 230 for about 5 minutes straight. Then it dropped to 17 for about 2 minutes, and then finally started working properly.
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 227
    Police Cars play havoc with my Polar 625, I've hit 185mph on my Mountain Bike and my HR has topped out at 225bpm, both times a Police Car was overtaking me.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Also, it is 1970s technology and therefore out of date, which is why Europe are putting up their own using tech from the Noughties. That and the risk of the Yanks turning it off for some reason.
    Europe's paying (current estimate) 5.3billion Euros for this. It's primary use is so that the French can sell a guided bomb to China. Nothing to do with "Outdated technology", it'll be using the same principles as GPS.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/colu ... eting.html
    Therein lies a reason for the Yanks turning a system off!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    pat of the reason I took a new cycle computer off was that it insisted I was riding round my kitchen at 70mph for 10 minutes at a time brefore getting bored and going back to sleep. one night it did nearly 400 miles between me putting it away for the night and rolling it out the next morning.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Might have been to do with the big solar flare which might interfere with GPS stuff.