Gt i drive 6.0

Baggyman
Baggyman Posts: 47
edited September 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Got this a few weeks ago to start a build project. At the present moment it is in standard spec. Already got new shimano mt15 wheelset with panaracer fire xc tyres to go it. Deore xt front & rear mech's & Rockshox recon's silver folks. Next on the shopping list is some Deore xt shifters & crank, hydraulic disc & a replacement rear shock, either fox or rockshox[img][/img]PICT2591.jpg

Comments

• very retro, i would consider cutting the post to line up flush with the seat tube though just to give it cleaner lines
  • Baggyman
    Baggyman Posts: 47
    Since my original posting I have stripped off all the gears and brakes from the original bike, next to come off are the forks and the crank and then the frame with be given a good clean before fitting the upgraded parts. In the meantime I have fitted the replacement new wheels. Shimano Mt 15 with panaracer fire xc tyres and a Deore 9 speed cassette. I have managed to source Deore xt rear & front mech, shifters, next up is a Deore xt m750 chainset. [img][/img]PICT2610.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmm, if I remember correctly, and I'm not entirely certian that I do, those things weigh as much as a small moon. Not sure it's worth the effort. Strip it down to the frame, and see what you think, before doing anything major to it.
  • Last picture of the bikeIMG-20120514-00073.jpg
  • Ive got this bikes grandson the gt sensor and i love it one of the very few bikes not to suffer from pedal bob .
    dont listen to the weight weenies this ll do you fine if you change that shock to something decent , ye they normally weigh in the low 30 s but then so do a lot of trail bikes now such as the orange 5 etc
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • I haven't taken any notice of yeehaamcgee comments. For what I am using it for the weight not a problem. If i wanted something light I would of bought another hardtrail bike. I bought it to be a project bike, to learn more about setting up / building a bike & to be something different. Not to be on the same bike as everyone else when i am out on the trails.
    Thanks tarbot18 for your comments.
  • Baggyman wrote:
    I haven't taken any notice of yeehaamcgee comments. For what I am using it for the weight not a problem. If i wanted something light I would have bought another hardtrailbike. I bought it to be a project bike, to learn more about setting up / building a bike & to be something different. Not to be on the same bike as everyone else when i am out on the trails.
    Thanks tarbot18 for your comments.
    ????
  • spelling police on duty again bennett ! you dont think he meant hardtail bike at all sigh .........

ps baggyman thats one of the things i like about my bike i havent seen another on the trails but i get people asking about it as a lot of people started on gt hardtails or had old i drive s in the past.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Sorry PC Bennett, for the spelling mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!