What to expect from Cannock Chase...

goldilocks
goldilocks Posts: 30
edited June 2011 in MTB beginners
Hey, fairly new to all this and have not really done any trail centre riding (can't really class Thetford as anything as its pretty much flat :cry: ) but as I'm now in Warwickshire will be heading over to Cannock this week and just wanting to see what ppl's thoughts are on the place?!

I'm a XC racer really 'tho rode at Wyre forest at the weekend which was great :lol:

Cheers

Comments

• leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I really enjoy it, some technical climbs and sweet decents, especially on the monkey trail. Its a bit potholed at the moment from people riding it in the winter though.
  • mintsauce5
    mintsauce5 Posts: 193
    theres some quality off piste stuff if you know where to look :wink:
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    goldilocks wrote:
    Hey, fairly new to all this and have not really done any trail centre riding (can't really class Thetford as anything as its pretty much flat :cry: ) but as I'm now in Warwickshire will be heading over to Cannock this week and just wanting to see what ppl's thoughts are on the place?!

I'm a XC racer really 'tho rode at Wyre forest at the weekend which was great :lol:

Cheers

Wyre is pretty tame :shock: Cannocks far more tecnical...ride both Monkey and Chase...their both superb ! (for cross country...not really a freeride setup...hard tail is enough or short travel XC bike) :D