Langster wheel replacement

evilollie
evilollie Posts: 148
edited July 2011 in Road general
Hi

Looking for any langster owners feedback

I picked up a langster , very good condition however the rims are crap.

I intend to replace them , I have seen one one wheelset 120mm , does this fit a gangsters chainline ?

Anyfeed back would be appreciated

Ta

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Langster/Tricross Singles take a wheel with 120mmOLN. Plenty of wheels available for your needs. I bought a Halo Aerorage for around £75 for my Tricross single.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • evilollie
    Thanks. The on one wheelset caught my eye and wanted a wee bit of feedback on it . Would you recommend something over this wheelset .

It's got a shimano freewheel on it and it's a noisy bugger , are all freewheels like that or is there something out there that is smoother ?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Shimano might be noisy but they last or you could by a white industries freewheel.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • evilollie
    Cheers ,
  • mapleflot
    mapleflot Posts: 81
    I run some oil into my Shimano freewheel (whenever I oil my chain) into the circular seam/gap on the side between the bit that rotates and the bit that doesn't. . Have been doing that for over a year with no probs. Seems to shut it up.
    I suppose to do it properly one could open it up and grease the bearings... I used to do that in the `80s with pre-freehub freewheels.

+1 for the Halo replacement wheels by the way.
  • evilollie
    I lubricated the freewheel as suggested and now with the mileage I have been doing it's decent now .

Maybe in time I might go for the White industry freewheel

But it's time for new wheels the alex ones ... Ain't nice

Anyone used weinmann track wheelset ... Any feedback
  • evilollie
    I fitted a custom wheel . Acor hub on a halo aeroage run , with a new freewheel ... Tis silent now
  • salsarider79
    salsarider79 Posts: 828
    Mavic did some sexy track wheels which were flip flop. They were very nice, looked good too. White industries freewheels are very sexy too....
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.