maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
The latest website psot suggests you need a medical certificate:

at http://www.maratona.it/news/starting-or ... 11-0076/en

it says, half way down:
Each participant who registered individually will receive
around June 25th - 30th by ordinary mail, the voucher
with the assigned number that is necessary together
with an original valid identification document (identity card, passport
or driving license) and a copy of the medical certificate to collect the starting package the days prior the event.
No copies or other ID's allowed. A pick up from third parties is not accepted.

But the original enrollment said it assumed you would be medically fit (or words to that effect) but you didn't actually have tp present anything.

Anyone shed some light on this?

Anyone done it before and can comment?
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer

Comments

• I think it's for people over 60 but I've spoken to people who were and were not asked for one.
    No one (I am aware of) was asked for one last year.
  • 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Maddog, if it possibly helps (I know things can change) None of our group of 4 was asked for a medical certificate :)

Signing on was very very hectic :shock:
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    The actual regulations only mention the need of a medical certificate for the over 60. I've assumed that's what that line refers to. Curiously the Italian version of the website doesn't mention medical certificates at all in that same section of that recent start number notice.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    cheers all
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    FJS wrote:
    Curiously the Italian version of the website doesn't mention medical certificates.

The reason is probably because they assume if you are reading Italian you are affiliated to an Italian club. Then, by default, you already have a medical certificate.