Flat out in the Fens

Zoomer37
Zoomer37 Posts: 725
June 26th

http://www.kilotogo.com/index.php?optio ... vent_id=25

Not quite sure what to make of this as its almost flat for the entire way, but its a day out on the bike and think it could be a laugh doing the 112m in a gang at pace.

Anyone here doing it?

Comments

• rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    I'm doing the 154 mile route, missed out on a place in The Dartmoor Classic so seemed like a good excuse to try this one, be a bit flatter than my usual training rides. Hell of a trip up there and back though.
    Seen the video they uploaded to youtube today and it looks proper flat; like flat, flat!
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    Dont mistake flat for easy especially if its windy, on an 80 mile ride i did out there, a 15-20 mph headwind on the stretch from Holme to Ramsey on the B660/B1040 was a killer, and it affected me for the rest of the ride home, if theres little or no wind however then happy days you will fly.
  • Totally agree with kettrinboy, it may look flat but watch for the winds. I Live and work in the area (the 154mile route goes through my village, past the end of my road). Many of the roads have little or no protection from the wind, and my experience of riding round here is that no matter what direction the wind is blowing, it's always a headwind! I've had 50 miles in the fens that's felt like 100 miles elsewhere.

Having said all that, you can see for miles and looking at the route looks like you'll be riding through some very scenic areas. If we get some rare sunshine and light winds it'll be thoroughly enjoyable. Good luck!