A little bit of rain....

Fenred
Fenred Posts: 428
edited June 2011 in MTB general
....Does the trail good!!

After some heavy rain yesterday in exotic 'Cape Essex' tonights solo ride found some sunshine beating through the trees and the trails in perfect condition, no dust, lots of grip, no mud spitting in your face and enough compliance in the ground not to have lost any fillings. :lol:

Best conditions I've ridden in ages...Hope everyone else enjoying the same...

Comments

• D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    I was hoping that little spell of wetness would prime up the local riding spots for this week when I actually have a bike to ride.

Cheers for the confirmation!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Thorndon was also very good last night, a few mud spots but not enough to worry about.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Glad to hear this!

Riding last week was sooo dry and kicked up so much dust that we all looked like we had been (badly) fake-tanned at the end of the ride :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hmm hoping for this tonight :p but it was perfect aswell on monday, had a shower on sunday night but hte evening was glorious. so much grip!

Fingers crossed we haven't had so much rain here thats its all muddy so i don't have to clean my bike after lol :p
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Surrey hills also benefited on Monday from some rain. washed all the sand back in to mud and made the trails a bit more interesting as they tend to change following rain.
  • BoardinBob
    BoardinBob Posts: 697
    It's pissed down every day for the last 6 weeks in Scotland. I'd give my right nut for some dusty trails.
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    Coming off the North Downs yesterday morning, there were lines of mud where the rushing water had been the day before. That made life a little interesting.

Now my bike needs cleaning. Bah :lol:
  • D-Cyph3r
    Pissed down again for awhile here in Essex, hopefully the next couple of days will be continue the mixture of warm sunshine with a sudden downpour and everything will be in peak riding condition for my first ride in 6 months. :shock:
  • Fenred
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Thorndon was also very good last night, a few mud spots but not enough to worry about.

Havent ridden Thorndon in ages! Hockley and surrounding conditions were great though....Love it this time of year when the weather is changeable, provided it isn't pee'ing down at ride time! :D
  • Fenred
    miss notax wrote:
    Glad to hear this!

Riding last week was sooo dry and kicked up so much dust that we all looked like we had been (badly) fake-tanned at the end of the ride :lol:

insect repellent and dust look just awesome all mixed together!! San tro-fail :lol:
  • Fenred
    D-Cyph3r wrote:
    Pissed down again for awhile here in Essex, hopefully the next couple of days will be continue the mixture of warm sunshine with a sudden downpour and everything will be in peak riding condition for my first ride in 6 months. :shock:

Enjoy man! Langdon??
  • D-Cyph3r
    Fenred wrote:
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

Enjoy man! Langdon??

Most likely, probably make the trek up to Thorndon aswell.... Oh wait, I probably wont after On-One sent me a message saying they cant despatch my carbon 456 frame because they have no bolts for the dropouts. Unless I can find out exactly what bolts they are and where to get some replacements i'll just get my money back and get the Hectik finished. :x
  • Fenred
    D-Cyph3r wrote:
    Fenred wrote:
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

Enjoy man! Langdon??

Most likely, probably make the trek up to Thorndon aswell.... Oh wait, I probably wont after On-One sent me a message saying they cant despatch my carbon 456 frame because they have no bolts for the dropouts. Unless I can find out exactly what bolts they are and where to get some replacements i'll just get my money back and get the Hectik finished. :x

Hmmm, thats bad news! If On-One are holding your money so why not order an inbred or 456 frame tomorrow, it'll be with you friday, then build it up and have a ride for the weekend to tide you over? They're knocking some of their frames out for £130 odd, so you cant go wrong :? ...Just a suggestion to get you riding...
  • D-Cyph3r
    Tapered steerer on my Rev's. :cry:
  • Fenred
    You're not makiing this easy.... :?
  • D-Cyph3r
    Haha, tell me about it. I wouldn't mind waiting another 2-3 weeks yesterday, but being so close, checking the order status and seeing it was "ready to despatch" just got me really pumped up for it. To get that text message at 7:30 in the evening was almost an OHKO....

On the plus side I guess I can look forward to riding my proper frame, should only take 2 weeks absolute tops to get that sorted (and cost £100 less). :)