Broken Fox 40 lowers

wiggywiggywoo
wiggywiggywoo Posts: 3
edited June 2011 in MTB general
Mate of mine has managed to break his 40 lowers about 2 inches from the top (not at the brace that's reasonably common). I'm told it's a clean break across both sides at the same point.
The vid is him breaking them, as you can see it's a pretty small jump although he lands off camber on the side of the trail.
http://youtu.be/82BGsnyQdOs

Just wondering if anyone has heard of them breaking at this point before and what Fox did about it.
Let's not let this devolve in to "should of got 888's" or any of that bollox aye?

Comments

• aaronmroach
    aaronmroach Posts: 341
    Clean break?? Didnt realy see owt from the vid just a comedy over the front roll!!!

Ive seen someone snap them at a DH race at Aston Hill in march!! It was alot heavier smash than that!!

As far as I know from the grape vine the lad had to pay £350 for some new lowers as Fox didnt see it as a waranty claim.

BTW thats some poor fork maintenance for that to happen off of that?? Mustve had a hairline crack form a previous stack!!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    He landed with the wheel twisted - I am pretty sure if Fox saw that there would be no warranty!
  • I've not seen it in the flesh either and it'd be interesting to see how the break propagated.
    Does look kind of funny but he's knackered his back pretty badly. I doubt they'll come through on the warranty even with video evidence but it's a tiny drop and should be eaten up by this kind of fork.
    Bummer, sounds like he'll have to cough up the cash...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If he landed straight, yes, but he crashed!

All you can do is contact the retailer and see what they say.