Anyone ordered from Ribble recently?

louispeace23
louispeace23 Posts: 18
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
So i have decided to go for a Gran Fondo, ordered last week and posted C2W certificate on the same day, not had a call yet from them to take the admin/delivery charge though and was wondering if anyone else had done the same, also how long it took for them to get in contact. I know the certificate is there as sent it recorded delivery.

Not sure how long the delivery will be i know they are constantly busy and recently had a break in so are probably low on stock for most parts!

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Wasn't there a thread recently saying average 2-3 weeks depending on what spec?

I'd chase them up if I were you.
  • Dextrous
    Dextrous Posts: 3
    I ordered a Gran Fondo on 14-05-11 and it shipped on 26-05-11, finally arrived 5 days later,due to the bank holiday i would imagine.

I emailed them once to ask how long it would take to process the order, they replied 4 days later to say 10 to 15 working days from the order - so mine was as good as spot on.

Its a great bike!
  • Dextrous
    Dextrous Posts: 3
    I ordered a Gran Fondo on 14-05-11 and it shipped on 26-05-11, finally arrived 5 days later,due to the bank holiday i would imagine.

I emailed them once to ask how long it would take to process the order, they replied 4 days later to say 10 to 15 working days from the order - so mine was as good as spot on.

Its a great bike!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well I ordered some energy gels & drink 6 days ago and still waiting!
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    Only ordered some pedals before. Came ok.

I'd ring them, I e-mailed them twice previously about other things and had no reply. I hear customer service isn't their strong point.
  • 1@ATIME
    1@ATIME Posts: 89
    Ordered a new set of wheels and got them within 5 days to Ireland
    Ribble Stealth
    previous: Kiron Scandium, 80's Raleigh Equipe, Striker :)
  • Anonymous
    I think they just must have so much custom they are struggerling to keep up with the 20% offers and all that.....

To be fair ive also ordered some shoes and paid the £3.99 next day and it says dispatched on the same day, my gels I did the royal mail option so thats why its slower.
  • Avezius
    Avezius Posts: 132
    Just over 3 weeks from paying admin fee to bike delivery. Quite a while to sort out admin fee!

I have posted about my experience of buying a Ribble bike here if youre interested: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12781207
  • Anonymous
    3 Weeks is okay I guess as long as you know roughly whats going on.
  • Avezius
    Avezius Posts: 132
    :lol:
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    There is one guy that sorts out admin fee and he was away for 2 weeks recently. He has his own number as he's not at the shop-it's 01772 338727. Give him a ring.

I ordered a bike with a voucher a couple weeks ago. He called me within 30 mins of opening the post that contained my voucher. Picking up the bike on Thursday.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    7 days for a pair of pedals shown as in stock. arrived a few days ago
    Peter
  • Anonymous
    A Thumbs up from me my order placed on the 7th arrived on the 8th with the £3.99 postage.

Ive only had other postage options take longer so I would now always used the £3.99 delivery as it does what it says on the tin!
  • ok so i had a call yesterday from their accounts department to take the extra cost after they had recieved the voucher, he said that it will be 3 weeks for delivery, but i'm guessing they have to quote that to cover themselves??!

I will give it a week or so then give them a call to see how long it will be, hopefully i will get it in time for the L2B on the 19th!!

@shane r, how long did it take from paying the extra to picking up the bike?
  • shane r
    Picking it up tomorrow so about 2 weeks. Call them a week today and they will confirm your build date.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • shane r
    Ready on time as promised. Picked it up yesterday. No question, they are VERY busy.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Anonymous
    Yeah good to hear thumbs up for them! What did you get Shane?
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Ordered a chain, BB and some overshoes from them over bank hol weekend, they turned up on the following Wednesday
  • jzl
    jzl Posts: 12
    Ordered a Sportive Racing bike in mid May. Despatched two weeks later. Happy with the service and the bike.
  • shane r
    Racing Sportive. Love it!!
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • small_bloke
    small_bloke Posts: 222
    Placed my first, and last order last week. Bike parts and a few accessories. Supposed to be next day delivery with all parts in stock online. Still not turned up after 7 days. They seem rather crap. Guys at the bike club also said Ribble are rubbish. I'm sticking with my usual Chain Reaction Cycles next time.
  • shane r
    I doubt I would ever use them for mail order, their customer service is probably the worst. They've admitted to me they suck at CS.

I LOVE my new Ribble bike however and there is only one place to get them.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Everything I've ordered off them has come within two days. I couldn't fault them. Best I've ever dealt with has been http://www.kingswaycycles.com/

Ordered at 12 noon, arrived 11am next day.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.