Fox Springs

Gizmokev
Gizmokev Posts: 146
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok guys

Quick q for everyone....got a Norco 6 with a 2004 Fox Vanilla RC shock on the rear set up for 6" travel.

Thing is I think the spring is too light (500x2.30) for me and therefore I need to upgrade the spring (any suggestions but thought a 600 would be about right for me at 168lbs/12st) to bring the sag rates within the usual limits and so I dont bottom the thing out when riding it hard.

Problem I have is that I cannot find anywhere except Fleabay to buy a spring from. CRC dont have fox spring but have others....are these compatible??? Where can you buy the springs from in the UK?

HELP!!!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    put your info into a Spring calculator TF have one as do Mojo. and work out what rate you want.

from above but note you need the correct ID for your shock.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Gizmokev
    TF???

found the mojo one....but who are tf.

I thought I only needed travel, stroke and weight? What is the ID and where can I find it. Sorry for all the noob q's but you know how it is
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    TF Tuned
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/
    They also sell springs.Worth giving them a Bell as Manitou springs fit Fox shox and are about 60% cheaper.
  • Gizmokev
    Cheers guys.....spent all day looking and you guys help me out within minutes....I love forums