Book Club. Ned Boulting - How I Won The Yellow Jumper

2»

Comments

• option_click
    option_click Posts: 169
    I enjoyed Ned's book as a holiday read. It was interesting enough, but I was left wanting more.

I wanted to hear about some of the antics and events that went on behind the scenes, rather than Ned telling us about how he was waiting outside a hotel whilst the interesting stuff was happening inside.

I'm sure there are better books (written by riders, team management etc...) that have this type of content, so I need to try a couple more.

Ned - 6/10 not a bad effort, but a bit lightweight IMO
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    CiB wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    lastant wrote:
    Hot Orange wrote:
    Congrats! I would be interested in buying a hard copy (not kindled up yet). Beautiful cover photo.

Sorry, another shameless self-plug...but my book's now available as a hard copy!
    Delivery scheduled for 23-25th June. Better be good sonny; I don't give up 4.99 for any old tat y'know. :wink:
    Gotta love Amaz... err on-line book sellers. Others are available, I expect. Book was on the shelf when I rolled in tonight, easily 2 days ahead of schedule (book not me). A study in ignoring wife + sprogs either side of dinner tonight saw it done; have to say it's a good read start to finish and the appendii are excellent, especially the costs breakdown. It's still a lurking plot at the back of my mind to do this so the book is a good nudge, knowing how it breaks down day by day.

Buy it - it's less than a bottle of wine from Asda and more enjoyable. If our man lastant can go to the bother of publishing it, the least we can do is buy it and wallow in the experience.

Good one lastant. Top marks.

And on that post, I've bought it. Kindle version, I've no idea if that works out better for you or not, but at half the price of a pint, it's worth a go.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    davis wrote:
    And on that post, I've bought it. Kindle version, I've no idea if that works out better for you or not, but at half the price of a pint, it's worth a go.

It is.

More of a 'real' story - you know it's a person doing this rather than an overpaid actor who can bail any time he chooses to.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter