Brentor Road Races

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,588
edited June 2011 in Amateur race
Thinking of doing one of these and was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the circuit is like? I've read that it is 5 miles with no 'steep' hills but as my climbing is non existent and it's a bit of a trek I just wanted make sure that is the case as I don't know anywhere flat in Dartmoor!

Comments

• milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    I did this course last year, as my first ever RR.

The course is basically a triangle with 3 left turns. There is a uphill side, a downhill side and an undulating side. They are climbs that normally wouldn't trouble you, but obviously at race pace they are more significant.

I got dropped on the climb on the second lap in a 4th cat only race.

Here is my garmin data from the event: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/44706143

Dont let it put you off, its much better than racing somewhere like Ilton.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Cheers, are you doing them this year? Think I'll do at least one as I can fit it in with a family trip to our caravan down there.
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    Yeah, I'll probably do them both.

The second one (Sept 18th) is being organised by my club, Yogi, which is quite young and has so far been much more of a leisure club. So hopefully the event will encourage some new racers to take part, and help the club develop its racing side.
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Hi Pross,
    My GF is organising this - a 3/4 on Sept 18th - and its NOT held on Dartmoor.
    as Milese says its fairly rolling, with a longish draggy hill (big ring -12/25 - not steep) which you climb a total of 7 1/2 times. there is a Junior and a womens race as well, which we all hope will be marshalled by some of the men who will race later that day and vice versa.

Spread the word and get down here and enjoy the fine Indian summer i am predicting :idea: Sept is great time to vist as the weather is usually better and the crowds have thinned out.

My club - OKCC - is organising the one in July and that one will be even better :lol:
    with a E/1/23 as well as the separate 3/4 in the morning, so whatever one you do, have a great time!

oh and the course is virtually traffic free as well.