Why don't bike shops open on Sundays?

2»

Comments

• -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I wish there was a day of the week where everybody behaved themselves, didn't get ill and there were no fires. Especially the first! :(

You wish there was a day of the week?

-Spider-
  • squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144
    I work Monday-Friday so the weekend is my only available time. If a shop is not open when I want it to be, I go elswhere or buy online.

In the past year I maybe spent £500-£1000 on-line on bike stuff, maybe £10-£20 at my lbs. I wish it were the other way round but only having a few hours on Saturday to aim for, that's unlikely to change. It's just too hard to buy locally!

I suppose that's the problem with having enthusiasts running lbss rather than business people.
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I wish there was a day of the week where everybody behaved themselves, didn't get ill and there were no fires. Especially the first! :(
    would you settle for just Christmas Day.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    maybe most people are out riding and they want a day off.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    There's one near me that's open 9:30 - 17:30 weekdays + Saturday and closed on Sunday. For any person who works a normal 9-5 it's therefore impossible to get to the shop on a weekday because 9:30 is after the start of work and when you take into account the half hour travel time to get back in the evening it's closed at 17:30 when you arrive. Saturday is the only day I can go there but that's usually packed with other activities (supermarket run etc). That leaves Sunday as the only day I could get there but lo and behold they're closed. I tried to go there before work once to get a wheel trued but because they don't open till 9:30 I had to take the wheel to work with me and get it done at Evans on my lunch break. On the two occasions I have managed to go there (rushed back after work) they didn't have what I wanted anyway. I think the shop is closing down now, looked through the window the other day and it looked pretty bare and load of cardboard boxes lying around as if they're packing up shop. It's their own fault.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    My local shop (Phil Corley) is open Sundays and Bank Holidays. They're not running a charity as far as I know, so they wouldn't do it if it weren't financially viable.
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    bompington wrote:
    I think most if not all Halfords branches are open on Sunday aren't they? :twisted:

Come on, the original question mentioned bike shops :D:D