Wearing club kit on everyday rides

Herbsman
Herbsman Posts: 2,029
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
i.e. when you're out solo or commuting as opposed to during a club ride or a race. Do you?
CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If it's the first thing I grab, yes.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    It's called advertising your club.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    There should be a "sometimes" option. I do if I'm out on a Sunday on my own rather than with the club, or I'm on holiday somewhere.

I don't bother during the week as I've only got 1 club jersey :wink:
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • Herbsman
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    It's called advertising your club.
    Trust me, I'm not a good advert for my club!
    nmcgann wrote:
    There should be a "sometimes" option.
    I didn't ask if people always wear it. If you sometimes wear it then the answer is yes... [/i]
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    Yes, because I like it, and I was the one who put the order in so I've got a few spares from the sample jerseys / people who later decided to leave and not pay!
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    no but only because ive already worn it at least twice that week. (club run and tt)
    Plus ive got a few others that deserve an airing
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I don't.

But then I'm not in a club.

But if I was in one, I would wear the kit.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Well the kit looks fab, I'm advertising the club and I paid good money to buy it so I'm going to get my moneys worth out of it.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Why not, that's like asking Man-U supporters if they wear their t-shirts or custom made jerseys other than game day.

Of course they do.
  • Everyone has a favourite piece of clothing, not just cycling related but e.g. a trusty pair of jeans, underpants what-have-you. Although I'm not a member of a club, my SS jersey is without doubt my favourite piece of clothing bar none. I could happily live in it 24/7 (wish I'd bought two at the time).
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Why are some cyclists seemingly obsessed with what other cyclists wear when riding their bikes.

As long as I'm comfortable with what I'm wearing it doesn't bother me what fellow riders are wearing; be it a yellow jersey replica or a pair of baggy track-suit bottoms and flip-flops. It's their individual choice.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Why are some cyclists seemingly obsessed with what other cyclists wear when riding their bikes.

Insecurity.

Next poll: Do you wear your wife's underwear? Or somebody else's wife's underwear?

Personally, I wear my wife's panties on a Sunday (bike) ride and my mistress's thong for TTs. Luckily they're both in the same club so there are no 'issues'.
  • Frank the tank
    GiantMike wrote:

Insecurity.

Next poll: Do you wear your wife's underwear? Or somebody else's wife's underwear?

Personally, I wear my wife's panties on a Sunday (bike) ride and my mistress's thong for TTs. Luckily they're both in the same club so there are no 'issues'.

Owd on a minute, your mistress isn't my wife is it? 'Cos I can NEVER find a thong when I'm off out for a club 10. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    RichN95 wrote:
    I don't.

But then I'm not in a club.

But if I was in one, I would wear the kit.

This. Except I wouldn't. I have enough nice kit, so much so, that I wouldn't even want a club kit if I were in a club. I've rarely seen a club kit I've liked.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Would mean washing it 6 times a week.
  • Herbsman
    Curiosity is far from obsession.
  • Frank the tank
    Herbsman wrote:
    Curiosity is far from obsession.

Seemingly is key word, not saying you are obsessed.

It is a subject that frequently crops up in one form or another beit what colours, team kit, replica shirts, whether they should be worn. A whole plethora of variations on the cycle clothing theme.

Which are all valid subjects as is anything in cakeshop, afterall when at the cafe stop we talk about anything and everything as should be the case.
    Tail end Charlie

• Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    It's the only kit i got. Plus the club subs the price, so a no brainer.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Yeah, even when I go ride out with Clifton CC in York I'll wear my Manchester Wheelers kit, it looks better than their kit, I'm 1st claim Manchester Wheelers and it's one of the most good looking simple jerseys out there.
  • Dear God! It isn't the supposed danger that stops people riding bikes, it's the to**ers that do.
  • Herbsman
    Homer J wrote:
    It's the only kit i got. Plus the club subs the price, so a no brainer.

Over the years I've bought so many jerseys and shorts that I don't like anymore, and they cost 30% more than my club kit! Really regret not joining all that time ago.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Yeah I wear ours more often than not - especially with the new kit because I prefer it to most other stuff you can buy. First pic
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20090811-road-Stafford-GP-Diamond-Jubilee-RR-0

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Yeah I wear ours more often than not - especially with the new kit because I prefer it to most other stuff you can buy. First pic
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20090811-road-Stafford-GP-Diamond-Jubilee-RR-0

Brilliant. I follow your link to check out your team kit and see a picture of me! (last pic). :lol: and to answer the OP question, mostly I do even though I'm not that keen on it (orange!). Its important to me to show the team colours.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    there is no dont care option.
  • rake wrote:
    there is no dont care option.

The "don't care" option available to you is just not voting for either of the provided answers.
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    GiantMike wrote:

Insecurity.

Owd on a minute, your mistress isn't my wife is it? 'Cos I can NEVER find a thong when I'm off out for a club 10. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Yes I wear club tops when and as I choose, also wear Sportive jerseys and cycle tour operatives tops as and when I choose :)

The only time I felt a bit awkward wearing a cycle company top was when wearing one companies top on another companies tour, but it was the most comforatble top and met my needs with a good long zip and nice loose fit for extremely hot (35c++) weather on Pyrenean climbs
  • amun1000
    amun1000 Posts: 242
    Yeah I wear branded tops because they are the only tops i have. Got them off Freecycle. I think she was giving away her ex's bike clothing that he'd left :D
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Would you still wear a club top even if you've left the club???
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Why wouldn't I?

BeerCakeBikes.jpg