MaccMonster 2011

3Shires
3Shires Posts: 27
Entries now open!

www.maccmonster.co.uk

Our second year of running and our 4th sportive, following on from last year's Three Shires, Macc Monster and this year's PEAK 100.

We had tremendous positive feedback from last year's event but have tried to improve for this year...lower price (£20) and a custom fitted bike donated by Forme/PEAK cyclesport for raffle to entrants.

Many thanks,
Andy

Comments

• KidsCan
    KidsCan Posts: 104
    Beat me to it!

The Macc Mosnter is indeed back!
    We're looking forward to it already - especially if we get to see our fantastic supporters again!

The added bonus for this sportive aside from the fantastic entry price of £20 as Andy said,
    not to mention the bike raffle kindly donated by FORME, is that EVERYONE who takes part will be helping KidsCan scientists continue their ground breaking research into cures and treatments for children's cancer.

Thanks everyone!

We've already had a few sign up and we've only just launched the site!
    That's what I like to see - keen cyclists!
  • 3Shires
    Nice article in this week's Cycling Weekly, report on the PEAK 100 (our spring classic sportive).

If you want more of the same, entries are now OPEN for the Macc Monster, our autumn classic sportive!

Thanks, Andy
  • KidsCan
    Hi Everyone,

We’ve just had a sneak peak of some of the route for The Macc Monster 2011!
    Take a look here! http://bit.ly/lzfh8o
    Please let us know what you think!

Also, if you are on Facebook, join the group! - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233725333309671

Any questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you.
    Many thanks,

KidsCan
  • KidsCan
    Hi everyone!

As you know The Macc Monster is a sportive organised in aid of KidsCan Children’s Cancer Research Centre.

This is our 2nd Macc Monster, but in April we had our other Sportive, PEAK 100, if you would like to read about the kind of sportives we organise, Rick Robson of CycleSportPhotos wrote a review for cycling weekly!

Read the review here!

Remember, The Macc Monster is only £20 to enter and you could win a bike donated by FORME!
    Any questions, please feel free to ask!
  • KidsCan
    Just released!

Our new flyer for The Macc Monster 2011!
    Macc%20Monster%202011%20Flyer.JPG

What do you think?
  • dead sheep
    dead sheep Posts: 109
    KidsCan wrote:
    Just released!

Our new flyer for The Macc Monster 2011!
    Macc%20Monster%202011%20Flyer.JPG

What do you think?

Hmm, not sure that gloomy weather conditions are likely to attract me.
  • KidsCan
    Hi Dead Sheep,

I think it's meant to be more aiming towards the fear factor rather than the weather!
    We had fantastic weather last year as people who took part will testify.

We've been very lucky with our weather for all of our sportives really so that's positive!

Any other thoughts?
  • Ive just registered for this but on the receipt it says peak 100 and I'm sure I clicked the right button to register for the monster. :?
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 281
    Im thinking of doing this but need to get out and have a look at the route...

not sure I can drag my fat ass up all the climbs hahaha
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • KidsCan
    Ive just registered for this but on the receipt it says peak 100 and I'm sure I clicked the right button to register for the monster. :?

Hi Jonathan,

Don't worry! PEAK 100 is our other sportive in April!
    Our web design team made two very similar website and haven't changed the PayPal receipt I'm afraid!

Don't worry you are signed up to The Macc Monster!
    =============================================================
    riggsy81 wrote:
    Im thinking of doing this but need to get out and have a look at the route...

not sure I can drag my fat ass up all the climbs hahaha

Hi riggsy.
    It's not a race so you can take as long as you need! We have had people complete the Macc Monster and PEAK 100 in 7 hours before so don't worry if you think you may go a little bit slowly!
    It's a case of the more the merrier on our sportives!
  • KidsCan
    With just over two weeks to go we've already got over 130 riders, but there's plenty of room for more!

The route is all but complete - just making sure there's no planned road works and we're all good to go!

If you would like to join us, please visit http://www.maccmonster.co.uk and help us raise thousands of pounds for children's cancer research.
  • Right signed up

Just for the record - the reason for my failure to ride up mow cop is down to my compact and nothing to do with my ability as a rider :oops:
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    So which route is it then? The one on the website, or the one on Bike Route Toaster?

PP
  • Went for a reconnaissance ride today ...off to the bike shop for a bigger rear ring :oops:
  • KidsCan
    Hi Everyone!
    There’s still time to sign up for The Macc Monster, but in the meantime this is also the link where you can view the route map and download the GPX and TCX files for your sat nav
    http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course. ... rse=313058

As you know, this sportive is in aid of KidsCan Children’s Cancer Research Centre.
    If you would like to support KidsCan by raising some sponsorship I can provide you with personalised forms or a www.justgiving.com sponsor page.
    Some of you are already kindly supporting KidsCan in this way which will mean we raise even more money to fund research into childhood cancers.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
    We have over 150 riders taking part so far!
    Hope to see you all there!
  • Just wanted to say well done to the organisers. It was well signed and supported. That meant that i could concentrate on the pain!! Do you publish the results?
  • KidsCan
    Just wanted to say well done to the organisers. It was well signed and supported. That meant that i could concentrate on the pain!! Do you publish the results?

Hi Steve,

We certainly do!

A big thank you to everyone who came along and made The Macc Monster the most successful sportive we have organised to date.
    The event has raised over £6,000 so far for KidsCan!

The weather behaved for most of the day so I hope the majority of you managed to get back without getting too damp!

This is a link to the riders times - http://www.kidscan.org.uk/?pid=115
    I have put them in two lists – one in number order and another in time arrived back order.

We hope to see you all again for next year’s Macc Monster which will most likely be on Sunday 7th October.
    In the meantime if you would like a different challenge in the Peak District, we hope to see you at PEAK 100, our April Sportive – http://www.peak100.co.uk

Once again, thank you for making this the most successful sportive KidsCan have ever had.
    Your fantastic support is very much appreciated.
  • Was a good event and enjoyed it. I am recorded as having no time but not sure why because I was acknowledged when I got back to the finish. Not a big deal but being as I was first back I would have thought It was easy to get my time;-)
  • KidsCan
    Brommers76 wrote:
    Was a good event and enjoyed it. I am recorded as having no time but not sure why because I was acknowledged when I got back to the finish. Not a big deal but being as I was first back I would have thought It was easy to get my time;-)

Hi Brommers.
    That's strange! I'll have to look into that for you.
    Did you time yourself too just in case I can't find it?

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
    Thanks for your feedback
  • 3Shires
    Thanks to all who rode for your support and congratulations on finishing. Even though we were lucky with the weather (at least for the earlier finishers), we had a lot of comments on how hard the event was.

See you all at our next sportive, the PEAK100 in April!
  • Great event really enjoyed it if thats the right word :?
    looking forward to the Peak 100