Schwalbe Furious Fred,tyre direction

abarth_1200
abarth_1200 Posts: 370
edited June 2011 in MTB general
Hello, I have just fitted my furious Fred EVO 2.25 tyres and hadn't noticed until both wheels were back on the bike that there was 2 little direction arrows, pointing in opposite directions basically I have both tyres fitted correct for the front rotation setup. Should I fit them according to the markings.

Also how do you guys rate these tyre, I ride about 65% road the rest is hardpack dirt and gravel. I was looking for a quick tyre and I think I have found them, coming from specialized tyres

Comments

• toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    the marking are right
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    As the tyre's designed to be run a certain way on the rear then I would choose to run that way.

Having said that some folk choose to run tyres the opposite way to intended, providing more grip when braking and such.

I've got two front specific tyres on one of my bikes.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'd imagine that with semi slicks there will be a miniscule difference but I'd at least try them "the right way" round before trying them "the wrong way"
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    I'd imagine that with semi slicks there will be a miniscule difference but I'd at least try them "the right way" round before trying them "the wrong way"
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    - @ddraver
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think you made your point there.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    He's right though, although I'm sure once would've been enough :-)

They've got sod all grip, so it's not gonna make much difference, particularly on the back. They're intended as an all out race tyre, so expect high wear and punctures. Mentally fast though!
  • ddraver
    Woah.......How did that happen!! :oops:

Sorry!
    - @ddraver
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    Ok, it was just the fact that the tread would be pointing in different directions if I fitted them according to the markings. I'll have a think about turning around.

I choose these tyres for an amatuer marathon ill be doing and a lot of it is on the road, and other recommendations for a fast all rounder for after the marathon
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Front and rear tyres do entirely different things, so the fact the tread is facing in opposite directions is entirely irrelevant.