Fitting a womans GT Avalanche to a Saris Bones 2

cadmonkeysmith
cadmonkeysmith Posts: 2
edited June 2011 in MTB general
Hi,
Just bought a Saris Bones 2, fitted it onto the car, popped my Genesis Core 20 onto no problem, put the missus womans GT Avalanche 2 (with the little triangular bit where the top tube and the seat tube meet) and the strap that is meant to hold the seat tube wont fit round it. Any ideas from the great and wise (or at least those that are smarter than me) gratefully received.
Cheers,
Pete.

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    I have an Avalanche and a Bones 3, guess what? same issue, I just don't use that strap and the bike is fine, but as you have 2 bikes I would put the GT on first...the second bike will secure it a little more.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If it fits onto the rack normally, and it is really just the strap that is too short to close, then get yourself a bungee cord from Halfords for a few quid. I always use one to lash around the bikes, and pull it taught to stop things moving around. Old habits die hard I think :lol:

I'm a little perplexed though, have you cut the straps down at all? The ones on my saris are mahoosive.
  • Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    Had the same problem with an avalanche on a halfords rack. If I remember right we solved it by securing the strap through the triangle.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy