Blackfriars Bridge to Putney; not on road

VespaTrek
VespaTrek Posts: 72
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone any ideas on how much you could do not on the road but on the Thames path or something, starting at Blackfriars Bridge and going to Putney Bridge? Obviously it wouldn't be the quickest way to make the trip...
Vespa GTS 300 most days... Trek 7.7FX the rest

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    most of the way has some path or other I imagine.

google thames path and find out.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    South side of BF Bridge gets you onto the Southbank. Not sure whether you are permitted to ride on there, but if you are, you can get from there to (I think) a bit past Vauxhall Bridge. Roughly where the new American Embassy is to be built you are slung off the waterfront, and the first place you can rejoin is west of Battersea Power station That's quite a long divert around Battersea Dogs' Home, then back up the road to Chelsea Bridge.

Otherwise you could cross VB to the northside and use CS8 to get to Chelsea Bridge, and then go back south.

Take the road through Battersea Park, then back up to Albert Bridge to pick up the riverside path again. That will take you to Wandsworth Bridge (though you have to divert around Battersea Heliport). After WB there is a section where the dump is that I don't think has a Riverside path.

Not sure about beyond that point though. I've heard there be dragons that way...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Greg66 wrote:

Not sure about beyond that point though. I've heard there be dragons that way...

Can confirm that there are, big f*ckers too.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    Wimps. Call those dragons? They obviously haven't been to SE London lately.

After Wandsworth bridge you duck behind McDonalds, down Smugglers Way, beside the tip, over a little bridge, through an industrial estate, (osiers road) then turn right on Mt Pleasant to go round the front of some riverside flats and into Wandsworth Park. You go through that and into Deodar Road, and then all along that, pop past Carluccio's along the front, and in behind St Mary's Church that's it.

Bits are pretty, bits not that scenic.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Wimps. Call those dragons? They obviously haven't been to SE London lately.

:shock:
    I have to drive though SE London quite regularly.

I want a Hummer. A proper one. Military style.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    just cycle around with a spear ala george... would also come in handy for some jousting to make scr more fun!