Official TdF Guide FYI

evil_breakfast
evil_breakfast Posts: 460
edited June 2011 in Pro race
if you buy it from Smiths for 9.99, you''ll also get a branded wiggle bottle (approx 600ml) with 3 gels and some sports drinks "tablets" gratis.
Public Service Broadcasting this is! 8)
You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.

Comments

• josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    apreciated
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    if you buy it from Smiths for 9.99, you''ll also get a branded wiggle bottle (approx 600ml) with 3 gels and some sports drinks "tablets" gratis.
    Public Service Broadcasting this is! 8)

What?! The scamming barstewards never gave me nothing!

I knew the cashier was thick.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Any Sean Kelly dvd included? :lol:
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    No, ITV4's round up of last year's race
  • sportvan
    sportvan Posts: 105
    They have a box with the water bottles loose behind the counter, I looked instore first for 5 minutes looking for the ones with water bottles and any indication of a offer but gave up and purchased anyway and after I paid they gave me the bottle with my change.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Official guides can be a bit anodyne, but hinault is on top form in this one. Tears into people like karpets, cunego, even van den broeck (for being defensive) and the whole of katusha. Quite funny.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    He likes wiggo though. Was surprised with that - or did he give special consideration for the english version of the guide?
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    Got mine this afternoon, will peruse it over the next few days
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    if you buy it from Smiths for 9.99
    it's £7.50 round here. I'm wondering if I got the same one? Still got the wiggle bottle and gels.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    well having had a quick look, I've got a different one with no Hinault section. I only bought it on the recommendation above. The Cycle Sport one that I got is pretty poor really. If it wasn't for the bottle and gels it would have been £7.50 wasted.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).