GT Avalanche 2.0 stolen: Glasgow

poltheball
poltheball Posts: 307
edited June 2011 in MTB stolen
hello,

my brother's 2006 GT Avalanche 2.0 (frame size L) was stolen from the Strathclyde uni campus bike racks, it was locked up and there were CCTV cameras about. :evil:

nobody seems to have seen anything and we've not got anywhere with police so far.

it's black, has recently replaced bits of drivetrain (cassette, chain) and new pads and rear wheel bearings, so it's running very smoothly. other than that it's stock.

if you see it listed anywhere, please drop me a link.

cheers :)

Comments

• Razer_MTB
    Razer_MTB Posts: 361
    Not the only avalanche to go missing in Glasgow recently. One of the guys in our club had a blue avalanche expert stolen last Friday. Keep an eye on gumtree and ebay, hopefully they'll be stupid enough to try to flog it on that
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • poltheball
    poltheball Posts: 307
    hmm interesting.

whoever nicked my brother's bike was clearly out to do so - cut pretty burly lock to get it off the bike rack :shock:

so maybe a little organised something going on there. can't think of any reasons why it'd be avalanches tho, and glasgow's a big place. :P

yeah, we're checking ebay and gumtree. looks like insurance will pay out anyway, but it'd be nice if the scum got caught..