2010 Boardman Comp Hardtail

TQ
TQ Posts: 15
edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Got mine last year for a steal, I was originally going to spend around £300, then the plan was around £500 and get a Hardrock Pro, but as seems to be the case, it got stretched even further....

I didn't use it hardly last year. But then brought it out when the clocks changed this year and have been racking up the miles and becoming addicted to biking!

Have had a couple of issues with the gear adjustment on the rear, had them adjusted by a not so LBS and seem OK now.

I have been riding locally in the evenings after work to improve my fitness then have been to Rivington and Llandegla on a Saturday. Getting a bit expensive driving all over though!

Apart from that I ditched the Speed Kings up front and used a Fat Albert 2.35" front for a while.

And I have just took the plunge and bought the Pacestar Nobby Nic and Racing Ralph in 2.25" after hearing people bleating on about how good they are!

Got a lovely Hope QR seatpost on there now too.

31052011301.jpg

Spec, yadda yadda yadda:

* Frame Material: Aluminium
* Chainset: Truvativ Firex 3.1 GXP 3x9 44/32/22T
* Colour: Black
* Forks: Rock Shox Recon SL Air, 100mm travel, adjustable rebound damping & lockout
* Frame-: Fully double butted aluminium
* Gear Shifters: SRAM X5 9 speed
* Handle Bars: Ritchey OS 31.8mm
* Pedals: Wellgo
* Rear Brake: Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes, 160mm rotors
* Rear Mech: SRAM X7
* Rims: Ritchey Pro Disc 32H
* Saddle: Cboardman, Cro-Mo rails
* Stem: Ritchey OS 31.8mm
* Front Brake: Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes, 160mm rotors
* Front Mech: SRAM X5
* Seatpost: Ritchey 31.8mm

Future plans are some better brakes, now I have more confidence in the bike and my ability I am carrying more speed and wanting to brake harder and later, and they feel a little underpowered. I did bleed them using the Avid guide but it didn't improve them.

Apart from that, need to work on my skills, beginning to bunnyhop now and want to be able to get more height. Fitness will come with time and longer rides!

Comments