Who Shot Homer J?

Homer J
Homer J Posts: 920
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
I'll tell you, this plankton! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-13603352

As it says I was out training with a mate in Eversley Hampshire when this lowlife drove past and shot at us with a BB gun hitting me in the arm(10am ish not 13.40). Luckily I bought myself a helmet cam (after all the stuff i kept reading on here).

Problem is that the owner of the car denies it is him at the wheel and that it must be a "ringer" which may well be true? He has witnesses that can put him somewhere else.

So the police have put a still from the camera into the local media, which is why I’m now doing this. I don't expect anyone here to recognise him but the more places I can get his mug on the more likely they can find him.

So, if anyone knows of anywhere else to send the link, twitter, emails etc please do so.
If anyone has contacts in MOSSAD I would be grateful

I'll keep you updated, but it is slow process.

Thanks
Homer J

Comments

• Homer J, I saw the BBC article on another forum (http://www.cyclechat.net/topic/84781-cc ... t-with-bb/) but didn't know it was someone on BR.

Is there any ''back story'' at all? You know, bad driving, angry cycists, that kind of thing... Or was it just randomly gratuitous?
  • Homer J
    Totally random, also further up the road we caught up with a 4 or 5 other cyclists and one of them had been shot in the leg. So there could be even more, as some may not have reported it.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    I bet the driver is kakking himself though, and didn't know that cyclists now routinely carry helmet cameras.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I hope that the Police get the moron !!

Out of interest, what camera do you use ?

Cheers......... Matt
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Man sorry to hear, that's a terrible situation to be in!

Low life scums......
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    tweeted and will repeat it now and again

hope he gets caught soon, the moron
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Lightweights. Up here it they would have used an Uzi.....and you would have had to thank them for the privilege of being shot.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I thought that the car owner has to know who is driving his car (unless a firm's pool car) or else he doesn't know if the car is insured.

So he should be able to say who was driving it and that person will know the passenger.
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    The OP stated the owner has an alibi for his own location and claims the car on camera is not his, but is using his numberplate illegally.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Lightweights. Up here it they would have used an Uzi.....and you would have had to thank them for the privilege of being shot.

Aren't you from sunny Southport ? I don't see a lot of guns around here. :wink:
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Does the car have any distinguishing marks?

Badges, dents, dealership stickers, wheeltrims etc?

Very unlikely there are 2 cars EXACTLY the same...
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Does the car have any distinguishing marks?

Badges, dents, dealership stickers, wheeltrims etc?

Very unlikely there are 2 cars EXACTLY the same...

The ringers tend to look for the same car and colour to clone from. How often do you notice such minute differences between similar cars passing you by? Its what the scrotes rely on.

Back to topic. My twitter posting has made it into a hampshire online newspaper so hopefully the link to the BBC story and pic will be seen by a few more locals down your end
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974
    Worrying. I was planning a ride that would take me through the Eversley area. Think I might postpone that for a while. Hope you are OK.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I suggest you take that photo to your local free press. They'd love a front page article like that.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Luckily I never venture north of the A30, so don't have to put up with such scum. Kind of ironic that this is quite close to the Police college - maybe they were students on a break?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Zachariah wrote:
    The OP stated the owner has an alibi for his own location and claims the car on camera is not his, but is using his numberplate illegally.

Apologies - had driver as ringer not car.

Speed reading - oops.
  • Homer J
    matt - the camera is a contour 1080p. At the time is was only on a low setting which still gives good quality.

BigjimmyB- been going through the footage trying to pick out any distinguishing marks, like scratches and stuff, can't find a thing, yet.

Aggieboy- It made page 4 or 5 of our local paper. I may email The Sun, just tell them that i was naked at the time.

Shouldbeinbed - Thanks for the tweets.
  • ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    Worrying - I often ride and run through Everlsey and Bramshill. I hope they catch the bastard.
  • Homer J wrote:
    I'll tell you, this plankton! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-13603352

As it says I was out training with a mate in Eversley Hampshire when this lowlife drove past and shot at us with a BB gun hitting me in the arm(10am ish not 13.40). Luckily I bought myself a helmet cam (after all the stuff i kept reading on here).

Problem is that the owner of the car denies it is him at the wheel and that it must be a "ringer" which may well be true? He has witnesses that can put him somewhere else.

So the police have put a still from the camera into the local media, which is why I’m now doing this. I don't expect anyone here to recognise him but the more places I can get his mug on the more likely they can find him.

So, if anyone knows of anywhere else to send the link, twitter, emails etc please do so.
    If anyone has contacts in MOSSAD I would be grateful

I'll keep you updated, but it is slow process.

Thanks
    Homer J

Hmm, I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago when coming off the ferry from the IOW randonee in Southampton. Probably coincidental that your incident was just dwn the road but you know these idiots never change their behaviour...

OP can pm me if further details are of interest.
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • Homer J
    Here's a link to the vid
    http://www.youtube.com/user/1970DGF?feature=mhee

peter10cycle if you was hit be the same car let me know
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    nice vids you've got there. Having seen how many times you got dropped on the chain gang are you sure the geezer wasn't just trying to hurry you up. :)
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Homer J
    nice vids you've got there. Having seen how many times you got dropped on the chain gang are you sure the geezer wasn't just trying to hurry you up. :)

A bullet up the arse would do it :D
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Did you know that there's an airsoft place in Eversley? http://www.ambushwargames.com/

This is where they run around shooting each other with bb guns, they might be worth getting in touch with.
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Homer J
    natrix wrote:
    Did you know that there's an airsoft place in Eversley? http://www.ambushwargames.com/

This is where they run around shooting each other with bb guns, they might be worth getting in touch with.

natrix, Thanks for that, I will check it out.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    WHat a total prick. If he's identified he's in for some serious time. Possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence; he best get some shares in vasoline or he's going to have a very sore bottom.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • ste_
    ste_ Posts: 124
    Ridiculous that you were shot - hope they catch the thug.

First times I've seen your videos thought - they're really good and properly funny. Good work. :D
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Is it worth contacting Crime watch on the tv, they might be able to show the video.
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Homer J
    natrix wrote:
    Is it worth contacting Crime watch on the tv, they might be able to show the video.

It has crossed my mind, so I might have to look further into it.