2010 Orange five swingarm clicking noise

BigStu2
BigStu2 Posts: 794
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
If I grab hold of the seat and push the rear wheel towards the drive side I get a clicking noise, thought it was my hope hubs, nope, maybe the brake line inside the swingarm or the disc hitting the rotor, nope, could it be the bearings, hasn't had a heap of use, popped the covers off and they look shiny, any ideas.
.........all
...at........work
fun..................&
..no.............no
.....is......play

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Quick-release? The broad swing-arm sometimes has a tendency to amplify creaks from there.
  • floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    warpcow wrote:
    Quick-release? The broad swing-arm sometimes has a tendency to amplify creaks from there.

I had this problem and tightening the quick release solved my problem

Dave.
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Qr at the rear ,
    i had the same noise
    when i put the wheel back on after a muddy ride and slipped the wheel on when taking it out of the car i also trapped dirt in there
    cleaned and tightened qr and noise gone .
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Qr was creaking as you guys said, even though mine has the maxel installed, loosed it off a couple of threads and flexed the wheel / swingarm, no creak, cleaned the mating surface between the qr clamp and the swingarm smeared a bit of grease in there tighted it up and Bobs your uncle, job done. Bike Radar saves the day again. :D
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    My (2007 frame) 5 creaked for AGES which drove me mad - I took to apart and oiled everything, had it in the bike shop blah blah and nothing fixed it. Swapped my Hope qr's for Shimano XT last week and voila!! One beautifully non-creaking bike :D:D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc