The problem with bike commuting...

Hot Orange
Hot Orange Posts: 157
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
..is that work becomes an irritating inconvenience between rides. I actually quite enjoy my job, but increasingly I find myself sitting here distractedly, counting down the hours until I can get on the bike again.

Of course, this may have occurred to me today in particular because this morning was my first commute on my new bike (a Charge Tap, if you’re interested). It felt good and I desperately need to run it in a bit more, find my best riding position and all that stuff as soon as possible. Instead, I am reduced to gazing at it lovingly and stroking it a little bit every time I go downstairs for coffee.

Anyway… time for more coffee :)
Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5

Comments

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Hot Orange wrote:
    ..is that work becomes an irritating inconvenience between rides. I actually quite enjoy my job, but increasingly I find myself sitting here distractedly, counting down the hours until I can get on the bike again.

Of course, this may have occurred to me today in particular because this morning was my first commute on my new bike (a Charge Tap, if you’re interested). It felt good and I desperately need to run it in a bit more, find my best riding position and all that stuff as soon as possible. Instead, I am reduced to gazing at it lovingly and stroking it a little bit every time I go downstairs for coffee.

Anyway… time for more coffee :)

When I worked in an office I often popped off for a quick stroke......
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I used to think comments like these were from 'sad' folk, until I joined the club. Whilst I don't stroke either of my bikes, I always apologise to the hybrid when I go over a pothole and say something nice when I lock her up on arrival at work, or if I'm out and about.

Thank Christ none of my non-cycling friends/family come here. I'd never hear the end of it. :oops:
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I have been known to spend entire evenings abandoning the wife and the progeny just to sit in the garage with a bottle of good red staring at the bikes (both with and without engines) and plotting the next tweak.

I am a bad man.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Randomly, CW, were you cycling through Greenwich on Sunday afternoon, mid afternoon?
    I saw a hybrid with no rider, then on closer inspection saw a teeny tiny person pedalling along and it looked like you. By the time I'd realised then you were gone.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo