Ying and Yang

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Leaving work yesterday and finally met the guy who rides a tasty Empella Bonfire (CX) that chains up near mine, had a brief chat and he gave me a 'nice bike that' on my home built (Carrera Gryphon frame) commuter which was nice!

Then on the way back home I got cycling next to a guy on a very tasty looking Look road bike (lycra clad, not carrying anything) and the inevitable happened as we both stepped up the pace to pretty much flat out for 2-3 miles, his passing comment as we seperated to go our own ways was "your pretty quick on 'that thing'" which I took as a compliment of my ability to get my disc braked flat barred hybrid with rack and panniers to a respectable pace more than a compliment for the poor bike!

Still 1 out of 2 aint bad!

Simon
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Of course, it could be Ying Ying or Yang Yang.

The 1st chappie could be dripping sarcasm with his comment, something confirmed by the roadie

OR

It was compliment, as was the roadies in the vein of "not bad"

and in reality it is a "thing" as it's a home built frankenbike
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    All true of course Kieran, still you take it how you hear it!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.