Farewell, old friend.....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
So, this week I will be saying farewell to my beloved Sofa.

A beautiful brown leather sofa, I have spent many a happy hour watching tele, eating and sleeping on it's luxurious, soft, brown leather. The sofa cost more than four times the value of our family car at that point in time, around 7 years ago. Wilma has enjoyed many an evening lying on my feet, keeping them warm and toasty as I relax with a beer, watching MOTD.

Alas, I have to give you up for an L shaped sofa bed - I am hoping I can find comfort and a place to put my drink in the fabric.....

It won't be the same without you....

A sad day people

:-(

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    do you sleep in an L-shape, is that why she had to go? :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    we got an L shape sofa a few months back when we moved in, sit in the corner with your legs up is mucho comfy

when my mrs isnt looking i wedge my pint glass between the cushions as a make shirt beverage holder....but its probably not a good idea our sofa is/ was brilliant white
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gtvlusso
    We needed a big sofa bed......More space for more people to come and trash my house.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Mrs JW is hinting that we need a new sofa -shame really - I think our present one is just broken in after eight years - slightly dog chewed on one of the legs and probably has a hoard down between the cushions but very cumfy
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    YOU ARE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE!

DON'T DO IT!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    When the kindly delivery men dropped off my sofas last year (in giant condoms) one cheerily said "I bet you thought this was a big room before didn't you?" B'stard.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    SimonAH wrote:
    When the kindly delivery men dropped off my sofas last year (in giant condoms) one cheerily said "I bet you thought this was a big room before didn't you?" B'stard.

Was it from DFS?

their sofas are designed for huge houses.
  • SimonAH
    Ah, no. It was from a local bespoke manufacturer. Still, it did look like a big room before!

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    can i have it? i managed to bring a girl home who broke my sofas supporting strut :(
  • SimonAH
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

You been hanging out outside Curves again old bean?

• gtvlusso
    spasypaddy wrote:
    can i have it? i managed to bring a girl home who broke my sofas supporting strut :(

£500 ono and it's yours! It even dissassembles!

Made by Delcor and cost me £2379....

I have never tried a curvy laydee on it, my wife would not let me........However, it was made in the North East of England and I am sure that using all the powers of northern stereotyping, it is built to stand up to the most buxom of challenges.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    will3 wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    Was it from DFS? their sofas are designed by the blind
    FTFY
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    gtvlusso wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

£500 ono and it's yours! It even dissassembles!

Made by Delcor and cost me £2379....

I have never tried a curvy laydee on it, my wife would not let me........However, it was made in the North East of England and I am sure that using all the powers of northern stereotyping, it is built to stand up to the most buxom of challenges.
    you are throwing it out and want to charge me??? oh how times change...

she was more than curvy. she broke it just by sitting on it :( not even through some kind of on the couch exercise. :oops:
    SimonAH wrote:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

You been hanging out outside Curves again old bean?
    no where is this place of wonder?