Torque settings for Outland D31 Stem

portland_bill
portland_bill Posts: 287
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys,

I upgraded my bars and stem today and bought a Outland Freeride D31eight upgrade kit with Stem, riser bars and grips.

Only thing is, there's no torque settings written anywhere on the kit or packaging and no instructions.

Has anyone got any idea what kind of torque setting I should be nipping the stem bolts up to?

Cheers!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it depends on the thread size. but if it does not say then dont worry. (unless it cam in a plastic bag and not full packaging) checked on their webby?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I called Raleigh (the manufacturer up) and after speaking to three different people in their Tech dept, a guy came on and told me they should be 8-9Nm for the steerer tube and 14-15Nm for the bar clamp.

I did mention that if they're going to put things like void warranty if not installed correctly on their packaging that they should really be including some fitting instructions.

Obviously I know how to fit a stem, but just making a point. :roll:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Once the whole lot has come apart and you are dead the last thing you'll be worrying about is voiding your warranty.
    Just nip them up nice and tight without stripping them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools