Compact handpump?

El Selb
El Selb Posts: 137
edited June 2011 in Commuting general
Can anyone recommend a good, preferably compact, hand pump that i can keep in my commute bag and is suitable for the presta valve?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Sheikhus
    Sheikhus Posts: 40
    I have a Blackburn airstik 2 stage pump which you can pick up for £9. It's pretty good, but doesn't get me anywhere near 120psi, so is for emergency use only. I think thats partly down to my lack of patience, but you'd really have to pump furiously for ages if you wanted to get past about 70psi.
    Specialized Secteur - FCN 6
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    Topeak Road Morph
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Topeak Master Blaster, the daughter and I both carry one.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    pete54 wrote:
    Topeak Road Morph

Definitely. Not technically compact, it won't fit comfortably in the back pocket of a cycling jersey but it will easily fit into a rucksack or pannier bag. Very easy to get a 700x23 up to 100-120psi, it's basically a mini track pump complete with pressure guauge...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I use Topeak Mini G. Does the job and has a gauge built in.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Lezyne CFC for me. CO2 with a reasonable mini pump if it's a real bad day
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • nyanza
    nyanza Posts: 68
    SKS Piccolo.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25825
    It's absolutely tiny (about 15cm) and gets more than enough air in to get you home - you can then finish off in comfort with something stronger. It looks plastic, but I've had mine for years.
  • fatherted
    fatherted Posts: 199
    nyanza wrote:
    SKS Piccolo.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25825
    It's absolutely tiny (about 15cm) and gets more than enough air in to get you home - you can then finish off in comfort with something stronger. It looks plastic, but I've had mine for years.
    A big +1 for the Piccolo and the comments above - and it's less that £6 !!