Shirt holder/carrier for less creased shirts?

El Selb
El Selb Posts: 137
edited June 2011 in Commuting general
I heard a rumour you could get such a thing! Are they any good? Where can you get them? Ta!

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Lay shirt on floor and fasten top button.

fold sleeves into centre, and then fold again each side on a line down from each side of the collar so they overlap.

roll up from bottom of shirt to collar.

put in ruckssck / bag.

arrive at work and unroll shirt to find no creases.

Jobs a good'un
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    as he said - rolling them is the way, be prepared for consternation from anyone else who sees you do it but it works
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • yenkee
    yenkee Posts: 27
    Rolling works for me, I also take some spare socks with me and roll my shirt around them, works even better.
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 500
    Whilst rolling works, I find all too often a rolled shirt ends up as a crumpled heap at the bottom of a pannier after it's bounced around a while.

I switched to using a shirt packing thing, and it takes my shirt, trousers, slips in to my pannier (fits a "laptop" sized compartment perfectly), and no real crease problems. Changing is a doddle as I take my pack-it and wash bag to the showers rather than lugging my whole pannier.

IMHO well worth the money, it's called an Eagle Creek Pack It and costs around £15-20:

http://www.penrithsurvival.com/penrith_ ... fid=88888#

HTH - Rufus.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I've got an Eagle Creek one. Picked it up at a Rohan store a few years back. I've seen 'em in other travel / camping shops too.

It's really good at it's job, too - I use it everytime I'm abroad with work (and I pack for a three day trip into a large laptop case).
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.