London to Brighton place wanted

gwillis
gwillis Posts: 998
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
Due to a monumental cockup on my behalf I need to get a place on the above ride. Another forum member and myself had thought we had paid for a team entry and two places for the above ride and also paid for transport / hotels etc. Upon checking today it turns out only one entry had been processed and therefore one of us had had to step down. If anybody is unable to attend I will happily buy their place off them , pay via paypal in order to take part. I'm gutted and don't want to let ny mate down or my sponsor . I did the event last year so would ideally like to take part again. If anybody can help please pm me .

thanks in advance

Comments

• There's one for sale on ebay - closes in 6 hours or so.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Just turn up and ride it. I've done this in the past just turned off before Marine Parade as not to collect a medal etc.
  • gwillis
    I did think of that but I've paid for transport to London from Brighton canvas we are a team would like to be there all the way through. As ive raised a fair bit I would like to do it .
  • gwillis
    There's one for sale on ebay - closes in 6 hours or so.

Yes it went for £57 I did email the guy but e didn't want to sell it for face value. I do hope he is going to give the extra cash to the bhf????.

If anybody can help please get in touch via private message .I'm prepared to reimburse the cost of the ticket and make an additional donation to the bhf on top of what I have already raised
  • gwillis
    Bump
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    gwillis wrote:
    There's one for sale on ebay - closes in 6 hours or so.

Yes it went for £57 I did email the guy but e didn't want to sell it for face value. I do hope he is going to give the extra cash to the bhf????.

If anybody can help please get in touch via private message .I'm prepared to reimburse the cost of the ticket and make an additional donation to the bhf on top of what I have already raised

WTF????

Why would someone pay £57 to do the L2B?
  • gwillis
    I Don't get it either, I offered to pay face value but he refused to let me..... I doubt very much the money will make it to the bhf either.