Fränk Schleck and Trek weirdness!!

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited June 2011 in Pro race
Frank’s Trek Madone is no good so he steals poor Mandy’s electric bike. Where’s Mandy going to put her shopping now, Frank?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnVR8SLqBg

too much weirds in one video!!
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Doobz wrote:
    Frank’s Trek Madone is no good so he steals poor Mandy’s electric bike. Where’s Mandy going to put her shopping now, Frank?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnVR8SLqBg

too much weirds in one video!!

Maybe those rumours about Canc's bike were true?

btw - this is the first time I've noticed the umlaut on Franks name......I thought you'd gone all heavy metal on us, but it seems to be correct!
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Bizarre.

Mandy looks like a giant compared to Frank...dont think Schleck is that short either, over 6 foot.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Just another day in the crazy world of central Europe.....
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    They should have filmed in on a descent, I reckon she was the better bike handler :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He's not the best advertisment for a professional sportsman in the looks department is he?!

He looks totally dwarfed by that bike. A breath of wind and he's off.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    one of the fastest cyclists in the world? So thats why he wins all the bunch sprints and TT's? oh hang on a minute...
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    one of the fastest cyclists in the world? So thats why he wins all the bunch sprints and TT's? oh hang on a minute...

NO, but that is why he is a PRO cyclist.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Cogidubnus wrote:

I’m one of the fastest cyclists in the world too.
    Mañana
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Doobz wrote:

The formal wear is nice, but those leather jackets look a bit... Blue Oyster?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    At least it wasn't another fishing trip.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    oh those crazy schleck brothers. its zainy videos like these that really make us all love them so
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    She's a mahoosive in comparison to him lol!
  • As if I needed another reason to dislike either of the Schleck's
  • cogidubnus
    nakita222 wrote:
    Cogidubnus wrote:

True, but that he's a pro and thus quick is a given. But I wouldn't describe the 100th best tennis player as 1 of the best in the world. So equally being a professional doesn't instantly make you one of the quickest...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    nakita222 wrote:
    Cogidubnus wrote:

True, but that he's a pro and thus quick is a given. But I wouldn't describe the 100th best tennis player as 1 of the best in the world. So equally being a professional doesn't instantly make you one of the quickest...

It's only a commercial, a sworn affidavit. Similarly, Lynx may not make all men irresistible to women, very few meerkats speak with a Russian accent and, in the Congo, Um Bongo is not drunk as widely as reported.

On the other, we can all agree that 'Mandy' is enormous and likely to devour us all.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    As if I needed another reason to dislike either of the Schleck's

I like them after that.
  • spezial
    spezial Posts: 142
    Doobz wrote:

It's A-ha!
    "what's it pertaining?"
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    pb21 wrote:
    Cogidubnus wrote:

I’m one of the fastest cyclists in the world too.

Yeah, me too. Oh, sorry, I thought you said fatest...

:D
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    nakita222 wrote:
    Cogidubnus wrote:

Even though they would be?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cogidubnus
    Ok perhaps its me.. Obviously as a percentage all professional sportsman are the best in the world in their field. But I was more viewing it that if you just take the professional body on their own rather than comparing them to the human average.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    Ok perhaps its me.. Obviously as a percentage all professional sportsman are the best in the world in their field. But I was more viewing it that if you just take the professional body on their own rather than comparing them to the human average.

Well while he's unlikely to beat Cav in a flat sprint or Cancellara in a TT he'd murder both of them up an Alpe and be considerably quicker than them over the course of a 3 week GT.

Frame of reference, innit?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • cogidubnus
    Usain bolt is the fastest man in the world but would get panned in the 5000m. If you are talking pure speed it has to be the sprinters or TT'ers
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Frank now has an Electric Bike which has been customised to his specific needs-

bicycle-stabilizer-senior.jpg

Sorry to be a little bit nerdy but at the 21 seconds mark see how the camera can't keep up with Frank's constant twitching. He must ride an extra 1000 miles when he's riding a Tour.

-Jerry

PS- WATCH OUT FOR THAT SWIMMING POOL FRANK!!!!!!!!!!

FrankSchleckswimming.jpg
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    RichN95 wrote:
    ...... and, in the Congo, Um Bongo is not drunk as widely as reported.
    :lol:
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    I'd rather ride Mandy! :D
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    C'est bizarre!!

Although that Trek is NICE!! And I'm lovin the Leopard Trek kit. Very smart