Fitting Crossmax ST to rear dropouts

Reckless
Reckless Posts: 17
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
This is a really daft question. Assembling my new Canyon Nerve XC. When fitting the rear wheel into the drop outs, on my existing Giant there are lugs which drop into the dropouts locating the hub securely. Never thought about it before!

This ST rear hub only seems to have a short lug on the drive side. On the rotor side there is nothing. If I put the qr spindle through, it would be just the spindle rattling around in the dropout.

I assume I am missing a component? Have I got the wrong type of QR (its a different type on the front).

Photo of component here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1711785584

Have trawled all through the manuals/papers and the internet to try and see how/what /why but can't seem to find anything - presumably because its so er.. obvious??!

Any advice/help much appreciated.

I will try Canyon support too, but I figure you guys will figure out my problem much more quickly!!! I want to get out and ride it!!!

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looks like something is missing/needs a nudge.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Reckless
    Reckless Posts: 17
    Thanks Lives Here. The "axle end screw" seems to be the sort of thing I should have. Supplied are much smaller spacers - which have a robber "o" ring which doesn't look like it does anything.

Have sent photos to Canyon to get an opinion. Maybe its all straightforward and me being thick, but its not something I want to risk getting wrong. :roll: [/img]